Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

OBs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
OBs
Post by DianeSilva   » Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 am

DianeSilva
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I'm just about finished with OBS. I really like. Love Honor and and I like how she isn't afraid to cross the guys who are giving her a hard time. I can see I'm going to enjoy this series very much.
Re: OBs
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu May 08, 2014 10:32 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

DianeSilva wrote:I'm just about finished with OBS. I really like. Love Honor and and I like how she isn't afraid to cross the guys who are giving her a hard time. I can see I'm going to enjoy this series very much.
I can't wait to hear your impression of HotQ.

And glad we've got a another fan here!
Post by DianeSilva   » Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 am

DianeSilva

Jonathan_S wrote:
DianeSilva wrote:I'm just about finished with OBS. I really like. Love Honor and and I like how she isn't afraid to cross the guys who are giving her a hard time. I can see I'm going to enjoy this series very much.
I can't wait to hear your impression of HotQ.

How do I Find HotQ? Is it a separate book?
Post by yannosh   » Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am

yannosh
Commander

DianeSilva wrote:How do I Find HotQ? Is it a separate book?

Yes, it is a separate book, and as luck would have it, it is in baen free library, so you don't even have to pay to read it.

Mind you, there are a score (well, 11) books more after HotQ +3 shadows side books +3 Spook duo side books, +3 YA Stephanie Harington prequels + Travis Long prequel +6 short story compilations + House of steel (which is a novelete and tech details on honorverse) and none of those are on the free library.
=-.--.--.*.--.--.-=

Ceterum censeo Foedam solariam delendam esse.

Even the best in the world cannot measure up to a dozen highly motivated good-enoughs.
Post by DianeSilva   » Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 am

DianeSilva

yannosh wrote:

Yes, it is a separate book, and as luck would have it, it is in baen free library, so you don't even have to pay to read it.

Mind you, there are a score (well, 11) books more after HotQ +3 shadows side books +3 Spook duo side books, +3 YA Stephanie Harington prequels + Travis Long prequel +6 short story compilations + House of steel (which is a novelete and tech details on honorverse) and none of those are on the free library.

Oh my I am going to be busy lol. Thank you so much for the info. As you can tell, I'm very much a greenhorn in this series lol
Post by crewdude48   » Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

yannosh wrote:

I still say that the "spin-off series," and the anthologies and compendium should be counted as part of the main line. That makes it 26 books long, but there are things that happen in the so called "main line" that partially spoil both the shadow and the torch books (especially now that the books are reconverging), and the world building for those 6 books happen in the anthologies.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu May 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

DianeSilva wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:I can't wait to hear your impression of HotQ.

How do I Find HotQ? Is it a separate book?
oops, sorry - so in the habit of using the abbreviated book titles here that I didn't think.

As others said, "HotQ" is the next book in the series: Honor of the Queen.

main series books:
1 - OBS, On Basilisk Station
2 - HotQ, Honor of the Queen
3 - SVW, Short Victorious War
4 - FoD, Field of Dishonor
5 - FIE, Flag in Exile
6 - HAE, Honor Among Enemies
7 - IEH, In Enemy Hands
8 - EOH, Echoes of Honor
9 - AoV, Ashes of Victory
10 - WoH, War of Honor
11 - AAC, At All Costs
12 - MoF, Mission of Honor
12 - ART, A Rising Thunder

Plus anthologies, spin off series, companion books...

[edited because I screwed up book 4's title :oops:]
Last edited by Jonathan_S on Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

If I'm counting correctly, there's at least 30 books total in the Honorverse, not including the two Manticore Ascendant books yet to be written, as well as the two upcoming Companions.

Also, David recently posted that there are at least two more books planned that include Honor as a major character, and 5 or so books besides those to finish out the series.

That makes roughly 40+ books overall, once they're all done. I'm assuming we'll probably see at least one more anthology as well.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu May 08, 2014 3:45 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:If I'm counting correctly, there's at least 30 books total in the Honorverse, not including the two Manticore Ascendant books yet to be written, as well as the two upcoming Companions.

Also, David recently posted that there are at least two more books planned that include Honor as a major character, and 5 or so books besides those to finish out the series.

That makes roughly 40+ books overall, once they're all done. I'm assuming we'll probably see at least one more anthology as well.

Currently Published:

Mainline 'Verse: 13
Saganami Island: 3
Wages of Sin: 3
Anthologies: 6
Manticore Ascendant: 1
Star Kingdom: 3
Companions: 1

Total published so far: 30

:mrgreen:

Also, RFC's made noises about writing about the Grayson Civil War at some point, but I for one would be content if he held off on that until the main-line story arc is done. :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:If I'm counting correctly, there's at least 30 books total in the Honorverse, not including the two Manticore Ascendant books yet to be written, as well as the two upcoming Companions.

Maxx, I think that is at most two more books. Not at least, though it would be nice if you were right.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse