Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jonathan_S and 143 guests

OBs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: OBs
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu May 08, 2014 4:36 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

cthia wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:If I'm counting correctly, there's at least 30 books total in the Honorverse, not including the two Manticore Ascendant books yet to be written, as well as the two upcoming Companions.

Also, David recently posted that there are at least two more books planned that include Honor as a major character, and 5 or so books besides those to finish out the series.

That makes roughly 40+ books overall, once they're all done. I'm assuming we'll probably see at least one more anthology as well.

Maxx, I think that is at most two more books. Not at least, though it would be nice if you were right.

<shrug> Who knows? He *may* add her into one of the other 5 or so. But I suppose you're right.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu May 08, 2014 4:48 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
cthia wrote:Maxx, I think that is at most two more books. Not at least, though it would be nice if you were right.

<shrug> Who knows? He *may* add her into one of the other 5 or so. But I suppose you're right.

Just note that just because the books won't feature her doesn't mean she won't appear. I can imagine her turning up for ten or twenty pages, even if it's not an "Honor book".
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Thu May 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

roseandheather wrote:Just note that just because the books won't feature her doesn't mean she won't appear. I can imagine her turning up for ten or twenty pages, even if it's not an "Honor book".

Not if she ends up getting killed, which is ever a possibility.
Post by saber964   » Thu May 08, 2014 5:40 pm

saber964
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:quote="DianeSilva"][quote="Jonathan_S" I can't wait to hear your impression of HotQ.

And glad we've got a another fan here!

How do I Find HotQ? Is it a separate book?[/quote]oops, sorry - so in the habit of using the abbreviated book titles here that I didn't think.

As others said, "HotQ" is the next book in the series: Honor of the Queen.

main series books:
1 - OBS, On Basilisk Station
2 - HotQ, Honor of the Queen
3 - SVW, Short Victorious War
4 - FoH, Field of Honor
5 - FIE, Flag in Exile
6 - HAE, Honor Among Enemies
7 - IEH, In Enemy Hands
8 - EOH, Echoes of Honor
9 - AoV, Ashes of Victory
10 - WoH, War of Honor
11 - AAC, At All Costs
12 - MoF, Mission of Honor
13 - ART, A Rising Thunder

Plus anthologies, spin off series, companion books...[/quote]
Number 4 is Field of Dishonor or FoD and you for got # 14 Sof Shadow of Freedom
Post by roseandheather   » Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

saber964 wrote:Number 4 is Field of Dishonor or FoD and you for got # 14 Sof Shadow of Freedom

Shadow of Freedom isn't a mainline novel, it's part of the Saganami Island spinoff. The cover lies. :lol:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu May 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
saber964 wrote:Number 4 is Field of Dishonor or FoD and you for got # 14 Sof Shadow of Freedom

Shadow of Freedom isn't a mainline novel, it's part of the Saganami Island spinoff. The cover lies. :lol:
This. I cop to being distracted and messing up the title to FoD, but SoF isn't #14 - It's SoS #3, no matter what the cover might say :D
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu May 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

the grayson civil war? YAY. :D

More of the HH world. :D

roseandheather wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:If I'm counting correctly, there's at least 30 books total in the Honorverse, not including the two Manticore Ascendant books yet to be written, as well as the two upcoming Companions.

Also, David recently posted that there are at least two more books planned that include Honor as a major character, and 5 or so books besides those to finish out the series.

That makes roughly 40+ books overall, once they're all done. I'm assuming we'll probably see at least one more anthology as well.

Currently Published:

Mainline 'Verse: 13
Saganami Island: 3
Wages of Sin: 3
Anthologies: 6
Manticore Ascendant: 1
Star Kingdom: 3
Companions: 1

Total published so far: 30

:mrgreen:

Also, RFC's made noises about writing about the Grayson Civil War at some point, but I for one would be content if he held off on that until the main-line story arc is done. :lol:
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Thu May 08, 2014 6:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
Just note that just because the books won't feature her doesn't mean she won't appear. I can imagine her turning up for ten or twenty pages, even if it's not an "Honor book".

Hey, I'll even settle with five pages of Honor. Oh what can be done with Honor in just five pages. Five paragraphs even!
Deleted by Cthia. Definite fanfic!

Last edited by cthia on Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 am, edited 8 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Thu May 08, 2014 8:48 pm

saber964
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote: quote="roseandheather"]

This. I cop to being distracted and messing up the title to FoD, but SoF isn't #14 - It's SoS #3, no matter what the cover might say :D[/quote]

Shadow of Freedom is a main line novel per Duckk and RFC
Post by roseandheather   » Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

saber964 wrote:
Shadow of Freedom is a main line novel per Duckk and RFC

You can paint a zebra solid black, but that still won't make it a horse.

(I'm kidding - kind of. Shadow of Freedom may be marketed as a main-line novel - and understandably so, given that it's essentially A Rising Thunder Part 2 - but the name, the characters, the content, and the setting all mark it as a Saganami Island novel, and so that's what I call it because it's a lot easier than saying, "well, yes, it's a mainline novel, but it focuses on the exact same people in the exact same location as this sub-series....")
~*~

Javier & Eloise

Return to Honorverse