Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 108 guests

OBs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: OBs
Post by Grashtel   » Sat May 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Grashtel
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:The fifth imperium down load no longer works if you still want to down load the books go to Suramya.com which has all the CD's up trough Torch of Freedom.

Yes it does, you just can't download the individual books, but if you download the whole CD (the "CD.zip" links) you can unzip it (or if you are using a more recent version of Windows just open it) and snag the books out of it, and get all the other goodies that are on the CD as well.
Post by DianeSilva   » Sun May 11, 2014 1:50 pm

DianeSilva
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

MaxxQ wrote:Why do I have a feeling DianeSilva is regretting starting this thread...? :mrgreen:

She hasn't been seen in here since Page 1... :shock:

Hi MaxQ I'm still here lol. Just busy reading HOQ. I'm loving it. Absolutely love the battle scenes and I'm enjoying seeing some of those Grasons put in their places. Fascinated by Nimitz the treecat. Not your everyday house cat l. Looking forward to learning more about them. Honor sure has her work cut out for her but she is very good at what she does. Looking for to a great adventure as I delve into this series. Also. Had to laugh at th schism between Massada and Grayson. More fanatics oh joy lol. Especially the name of the Church. Church of Humanit Unchaind. Oh my:)
Post by DianeSilva   » Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 pm

DianeSilva
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Well I am still here just finished HOTQ. Loved it. I tell up there are some really stuffed shirts in this boo lol. I am enjoying Honors escalation ships with her crew. She has a tough job especially dealing with those who don't like women as officers . Intrigued by the tree at. Can't wait wait learn about them. With so many books it could take me a long to
Ike to catch up. That's ok. I love to read and I have a feeling these adventures are going to be even more fun
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon May 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

You like treecats now, wait till you finish Honor Among Enemies and read Changer Of Worlds. Actually, now might be a good time to take a break from the mainline series to read More Than Honor and Worlds Of Honor. More treecats in both books.
-------------------
Oh, no. You can't-a fool me. There ain't-a no Sanity Clause!
Post by namelessfly   » Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 pm

namelessfly

Before getting too excited about Honor "putting the Graysons in their places," read OBLIGATED SERVICE in BEGINNINGS then reread the Chapter in HotQ where Adm Courvorsair has dinner with Admiral Yanakov. Grayson sexism is offensive to us but it was an absolutely vital cultural adaptation to preserve the reproductive capacity that their society needed to survive. Given the horrific miscarriage and lethal or debilitating birth defect rates, it was at least somewhat difficult for Grayson to maintain a positive population growth rate. The high rates of sterility revealed in OBLIGATED SERVICE makes their survival miraculous.

Also, consider how Protector Benjamin and Admiral Yanekov treat their wives with respect as well as love and compassion.

DianeSilva wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:Why do I have a feeling DianeSilva is regretting starting this thread...? :mrgreen:

She hasn't been seen in here since Page 1... :shock:

Hi MaxQ I'm still here lol. Just busy reading HOQ. I'm loving it. Absolutely love the battle scenes and I'm enjoying seeing some of those Grasons put in their places. Fascinated by Nimitz the treecat. Not your everyday house cat l. Looking forward to learning more about them. Honor sure has her work cut out for her but she is very good at what she does. Looking for to a great adventure as I delve into this series. Also. Had to laugh at th schism between Massada and Grayson. More fanatics oh joy lol. Especially the name of the Church. Church of Humanit Unchaind. Oh my:)
Post by roseandheather   » Mon May 12, 2014 10:53 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

namelessfly wrote:Before getting too excited about Honor "putting the Graysons in their places," read OBLIGATED SERVICE in BEGINNINGS then reread the Chapter in HotQ where Adm Courvorsair has dinner with Admiral Yanakov. Grayson sexism is offensive to us but it was an absolutely vital cultural adaptation to preserve the reproductive capacity that their society needed to survive. Given the horrific miscarriage and lethal or debilitating birth defect rates, it was at least somewhat difficult for Grayson to maintain a positive population growth rate. The high rates of sterility revealed in OBLIGATED SERVICE makes their survival miraculous.

Also, consider how Protector Benjamin and Admiral Yanekov treat their wives with respect as well as love and compassion.

You know, Nameless, I spend a lot of time rolling my eyes at you, but in this particular moment, I could bloody well kiss you.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Hutch   » Tue May 13, 2014 8:02 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:You know, Nameless, I spend a lot of time rolling my eyes at you, but in this particular moment, I could bloody well kiss you.

Be sure to take a shower first.... 8-) :lol: :lol:
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by namelessfly   » Tue May 13, 2014 10:35 am

namelessfly

Hutch wrote:
roseandheather wrote:You know, Nameless, I spend a lot of time rolling my eyes at you, but in this particular moment, I could bloody well kiss you.

Be sure to take a shower first.... 8-) :lol: :lol:

Can I watch?
Post by namelessfly   » Tue May 13, 2014 10:39 am

namelessfly

DianeSilva wrote:Well I am still here just finished HOTQ. Loved it. I tell up there are some really stuffed shirts in this boo lol. I am enjoying Honors escalation ships with her crew. She has a tough job especially dealing with those who don't like women as officers . Intrigued by the tree at. Can't wait wait learn about them. With so many books it could take me a long to
Ike to catch up. That's ok. I love to read and I have a feeling these adventures are going to be even more fun

Also, wait until you get to the Second Battle of Basilisk described in IIRC, ECHOES OF HONOR and the message from the Grayson flagship if IIRC the exact words were "the word is given, Lady Harrington, no mercy."
Post by Duckk   » Tue May 13, 2014 10:40 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Getting creepy again. Topic over.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Honorverse