Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests

the Apple Version is out

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: the Apple Version is out
Post by aairfccha   » Sun May 04, 2014 2:40 pm

aairfccha
Commander

And point defense missiles reload slower than your offensive ones. :roll:
Post by kzt   » Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

aairfccha wrote:And point defense missiles reload slower than your offensive ones. :roll:

THAT is a trivially solvable issue, I suspect a competent mechanical engineer could get 50% of the the way there in a week. Essentially the SLN hasn't advanced the state of the art in their core systems for 100+ years because that was good enough for engagements of the type the SLN leadership foresaw.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun May 04, 2014 2:53 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:And the combat isn't quite Honorverse combat. You don't have energy weapons (other than your point defense), and for the most part you're aiming for direct strikes with your energy weapons. In Honorverse combat, if the ships were limited to the missiles that you're limited to in the game, whichever ship was losing would simply turn on their side and ride away under the cover of their wedge.

But:

It's fun, and it's a good way to introduce the series to a new audience. The game is fun enough, and it moves quick enough, that people will play and become interested.
I agree its very simplified and therefore not real Honorverse combat. But (playing devil's advocate) there is a 'Flee' button under the pause menu.

You can escape from losing combat at will and, while it doesn't animate that, it's plausible that you've just rolled behind your wedge and stayed there while runnig. (Though it'd be very annoying if your AI opponent always fleed; so I totally understand why the game doesn't allow that)

And I agree it's a fun enough little game to introduce people to the Honorverse. (Also, I'm looking forward to when I can fire those Mk13 laserhead missiles I've scavanged; goodness knows they do enough damage to me when I get hit by them :shock:)
Last edited by Jonathan_S on Sun May 04, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Gun Boat Diplomacy   » Sun May 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Gun Boat Diplomacy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I didn't see an answer to Clancy688's question.....
when is the android version coming out?
Post by pokermind   » Sun May 04, 2014 7:09 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

This is the last Evergreen said on other apps:

Evergreen Studios wrote:Just to let everyone know we sent out the final codes this morning, thanks for all the interest. It will be available on the App Store Thursday at 12:01am for those who still want to play, we'll announce GooglePlay and Kindle Fire on sale dates shortly.

Many thanks again for the interest and all the great feedback we've received from those who have been playing.

Thus far no announcement on other apps.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by SWM   » Mon May 05, 2014 8:37 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Evergreen also said that the Android would be a couple weeks after the Apple release. By putting a gap between the Apple release and other releases, they were able to get improved promotion through Apple.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by clancy688   » Tue May 06, 2014 5:58 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

This Thursday? Awesome!

I'm a passenger on a 3+ hour car-drive (one-way, so double this number) on Friday, so it won't be idle 6 hours... ^^
Post by Grashtel   » Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 am

Grashtel
Captain of the List

TheMonster wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:Yeah if you're not reading the (numerous) text bubbles in that tutorial it might not be clear that its a free 'purchase' to make you aware that the pay store exists.
I never saw the word "free" in any of those bubbles either time I played through the first battle.

Well they have apparently changed that as it not says that they are giving it to you for free, the only item available is called "Free Prestige", and has a price of $0
Post by Grashtel   » Thu May 08, 2014 5:07 am

Grashtel
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:
aairfccha wrote:And point defense missiles reload slower than your offensive ones. :roll:

THAT is a trivially solvable issue, I suspect a competent mechanical engineer could get 50% of the the way there in a week. Essentially the SLN hasn't advanced the state of the art in their core systems for 100+ years because that was good enough for engagements of the type the SLN leadership foresaw.

Wrong thread, this is related to the "Tales of Honor" mobile game which has you in command of a Manty destroyer nothing to do with the SLN.

Return to Honorverse