Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

the Apple Version is out

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
the Apple Version is out
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri May 02, 2014 1:04 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Guys --- I was too swamped with stuff yesterday (including the girls' win in the semi-final round of their school soccer team's playoffs [the beaming father said proudly]) to get this posted on the Forum, but I'm really, really pleased by the fact that the Apple version of Tales of Honor not only launched yesterday but was featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store (Best New Games) and featured within the games section itself with both icon and banner. :D :D :D

Yaaaaaaay!

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: the Apple Version is out
Post by bigdoglv   » Fri May 02, 2014 2:25 pm

bigdoglv
Ensign

Thanks for the game. I hooked someone else who has an I-phon and not an andro to get it so he could rub in face, that he has it first. LOL
Post by bigdoglv   » Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm

bigdoglv
Ensign

The funny thing is, I knew more of the game than he did.
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

It's not quite Honorverse combat, since it really is just an exchange of missile broadsides... but at the same time, I think it feels a lot like Honorverse combat. I'm enjoying it.

Being stalked by Lester Tourville is enough to make anyone nervous, though.
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Crown Loyalist wrote:It's not quite Honorverse combat, since it really is just an exchange of missile broadsides... but at the same time, I think it feels a lot like Honorverse combat. I'm enjoying it.

Being stalked by Lester Tourville is enough to make anyone nervous, though.

When you care enough to fear the very best . . . :lol:

I'm not a big electronic gamer myself, so I had less input into the part of the project than into others. My impression at this point is that overall reaction's been favorable, though, and this sort of initial placement should help Evergreen in its primary goal, which is to introduce the idea of the Honorverse (and its existence) to a broader audience. And while I'm not a huge gamer, I do like the graphics. (And I think the uniforms probably come as at least a bit of a relief to the purists! ;))

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by clancy688   » Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

When's the Android version due...?
Post by pokermind   » Fri May 02, 2014 5:19 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

For those interested in the Game Check out this thread http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5582 Some discussion from Evergreen on releases of other Apps. Note that they had to delay some due to bugs. Evergreen gave out numbers to preview and you get to read from those who have played the game.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by TheMonster   » Sat May 03, 2014 12:55 am

TheMonster
Rear Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:Guys --- I was too swamped with stuff yesterday (including the girls' win in the semi-final round of their school soccer team's playoffs [the beaming father said proudly]) to get this posted on the Forum, but I'm really, really pleased by the fact that the Apple version of Tales of Honor not only launched yesterday but was featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store (Best New Games) and featured within the games section itself with both icon and banner. :D :D :D

Yaaaaaaay!

So I installed the app. I get through the first battle, install the upgrade thingy, wait the four minutes for it to finish, and the app wants me to go to the store and spend money anyway. At this point, there is nothing I can do but kill the app and start over. (I've tried touching every possible thing on the screen and it doesn't help any.)

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Unless an update comes out to fix this, I'll probably just uninstall it.
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Sat May 03, 2014 1:08 am

Crown Loyalist
Commander

TheMonster wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Guys --- I was too swamped with stuff yesterday (including the girls' win in the semi-final round of their school soccer team's playoffs [the beaming father said proudly]) to get this posted on the Forum, but I'm really, really pleased by the fact that the Apple version of Tales of Honor not only launched yesterday but was featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store (Best New Games) and featured within the games section itself with both icon and banner. :D :D :D

Yaaaaaaay!

So I installed the app. I get through the first battle, install the upgrade thingy, wait the four minutes for it to finish, and the app wants me to go to the store and spend money anyway. At this point, there is nothing I can do but kill the app and start over. (I've tried touching every possible thing on the screen and it doesn't help any.)

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Unless an update comes out to fix this, I'll probably just uninstall it.

The first time it sends you to the store, it's just a demonstration. You click on it and it gives you some of the purchasable item (prestige) for free. No need to spend any of your own money.

That stopped me up for a bit too.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sat May 03, 2014 10:50 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:The first time it sends you to the store, it's just a demonstration. You click on it and it gives you some of the purchasable item (prestige) for free. No need to spend any of your own money.

That stopped me up for a bit too.
Yeah if you're not reading the (numerous) text bubbles in that tutorial it might not be clear that its a free 'purchase' to make you aware that the pay store exists.

I've played this a bit last night and it's fun but I'm not sure what the power boosters actually do - so I don't know if it's worth putting them in instead of a more special purpose upgrade.

Return to Honorverse