Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests

House of Lies - the speculation and questions thread.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
House of Lies - the speculation and questions thread.
Post by Michael Riddell   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Michael Riddell
Captain (Junior Grade)

Well, we know that BuNine's made a start according to David's twitter account.

I'm going to be slightly smug and say I have SITS Ship Book 2:

http://store.genreconnections.com/shipbook-2-the-silesian-confederacy/

Which means I have basic info on the Andies. Likewise I have the Jaynes volume on Haven which has a bit more info than what's in the books:

http://store.genreconnections.com/jaynes-2-the-havenite-republican-navy/

Soooo, what do you think will be in it, based on what's in HoS?

Will BuNine bite the bullet and change the Andermani warship prefix from IANS to a more correct Seiner Majestät Schiff or SMS? :twisted:

Will we find out how the MAlign corrupted Haven and how the "DuQuesne Plan" was hatched?

Mike. :D
---------------------
Gonnae no DAE that!

Why?

Just gonnae NO!
---------------------
Re: House of Lies - the speculation and questions thread.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Michael Riddell wrote:Well, we know that BuNine's made a start according to David's twitter account.

I'm going to be slightly smug and say I have SITS Ship Book 2:

http://store.genreconnections.com/shipbook-2-the-silesian-confederacy/

Which means I have basic info on the Andies. Likewise I have the Jaynes volume on Haven which has a bit more info than what's in the books:

http://store.genreconnections.com/jaynes-2-the-havenite-republican-navy/

Soooo, what do you think will be in it, based on what's in HoS?

Will BuNine bite the bullet and change the Andermani warship prefix from IANS to a more correct Seiner Majestät Schiff or SMS? :twisted:

Will we find out how the MAlign corrupted Haven and how the "DuQuesne Plan" was hatched?

Mike. :D
Unless there's a lot of story we're missing I don't see how hatching the DuQuesne plan would be worthy of the short story (but I'm sure will be included somewhere in the history section).

So what would make a good enough story to be worthy counterpart to "I Will Build My House of Steel"?

Maybe the MAlign's infiltration and corruption of Haven's government? Maybe? Personally I'm not sure.
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:27 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:
Unless there's a lot of story we're missing I don't see how hatching the DuQuesne plan would be worthy of the short story (but I'm sure will be included somewhere in the history section).

So what would make a good enough story to be worthy counterpart to "I Will Build My House of Steel"?

Maybe the MAlign's infiltration and corruption of Haven's government? Maybe? Personally I'm not sure.

I certainly hope the history of the Duquesne Plan doesn't involve Richard Seaton. (sp?)

How about: "I will Build a Castle in the Clouds?" Without countergrav.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Oh, and to feed my pet project of mapping the acceleration/mass curve my selfish hope is that we get lots of new ship classes we haven't seen in Jaynes or SITS; both historical ones with the "pre-Grayson" compensators and the newer classes like CLACs and podlayers.
(So I can both check my calculations and also see how well Haven's compensator breakthroughs stack up against Manticore's for same year designs)

Oh, and I've no idea what earthly use they could be, but it'd fill in a nice hole in the data if for some bizarre reason Haven had several ships listed in the 1.5-5 mton range with "pre-Grayson" compensators :) (maybe milspec fast transports?)

That'd give me a cross check against the More Than Honor table; which seems 'off' for that size bracket.

(Why yes, I can be mildly obsessive about this)
Post by KNick   » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm

KNick
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:Oh, and to feed my pet project of mapping the acceleration/mass curve my selfish hope is that we get lots of new ship classes we haven't seen in Jaynes or SITS; both historical ones with the "pre-Grayson" compensators and the newer classes like CLACs and podlayers.
(So I can both check my calculations and also see how well Haven's compensator breakthroughs stack up against Manticore's for same year designs)

Oh, and I've no idea what earthly use they could be, but it'd fill in a nice hole in the data if for some bizarre reason Haven had several ships listed in the 1.5-5 mton range with "pre-Grayson" compensators :) (maybe milspec fast transports?)

That'd give me a cross check against the More Than Honor table; which seems 'off' for that size bracket.

A fact which some of use are grateful for!!!
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by SYED   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:57 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

We know from the book series that mesa messed with silasia, so I wonder if it was just business or was it also an alignment plot? There may be unknown terminii in the region due to the chaos there that mesa backed.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 am

roseandheather
Admiral

KNick wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:Oh, and to feed my pet project of mapping the acceleration/mass curve my selfish hope is that we get lots of new ship classes we haven't seen in Jaynes or SITS; both historical ones with the "pre-Grayson" compensators and the newer classes like CLACs and podlayers.

A fact which some of use are grateful for!!!

Especially those of us who hate math and therefore don't have to do it ourselves!!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:15 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Jonathan_S wrote:So what would make a good enough story to be worthy counterpart to "I Will Build My House of Steel"?

How about this one: I will destroy the House of Lies - about the rising of ... Eloise Pritchard?
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:18 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:So what would make a good enough story to be worthy counterpart to "I Will Build My House of Steel"?

How about this one: I will destroy the House of Lies - about the rising of ... Eloise Pritchard?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how loudly I'm screaming "OH DEAR GOD YES PLEASE" to this.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by munroburton   » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 am

munroburton
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:Oh, and I've no idea what earthly use they could be, but it'd fill in a nice hole in the data if for some bizarre reason Haven had several ships listed in the 1.5-5 mton range with "pre-Grayson" compensators :) (maybe milspec fast transports?)

1.5-5MT? Sounds like the original battleship tonnage bracket. None of Haven's battleships were built after Grayson joined the Alliance(IIRC, construction of those stopped long before that), so there should be at least two or three classes for you.

Return to Honorverse