Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 117 guests

The Honorverse Forum Wish List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honorverse Forum Wish List
Post by SWM   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:I also wish for Eloise to formally erase — and apologize to Honor, on behalf of the restored Republic — those asinine charges and conviction, of murder.

[with tongue in cheek] I don't think that's necessary--after all, Honor has already been executed for those charges. She can't be executed again. :mrgreen:

More seriously, that would certainly make sense. They've already done the same for many other charges from both the Legislaturalist and Committee periods.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:
cthia wrote:I also wish for Eloise to formally erase — and apologize to Honor, on behalf of the restored Republic — those asinine charges and conviction, of murder.

[with tongue in cheek] I don't think that's necessary--after all, Honor has already been executed for those charges. She can't be executed again. :mrgreen:

Forever the consummate legal eagle. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Amaroq   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

SWM wrote:I'll have to reread the text. What I recall is that the picketers and rioters were protesting Honor, not the Steading or Steaders. The Steaders responded to defend their Steadholder, not themselves.

But you may be right that there was also some ridicule aimed at the Steaders. I'll have to reread.

I've not been able to really find anything about the steaders themselves getting harassed. The only possible mention of it was in FiE after the dome collapse. There is a brief mention of a groundswell of violence directed at the Harringtons steaders and their steadholder. But that was mainly due to the dome collapse and the perceived corruption and incompetence that led to it.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Cthia,

Given Thomas Thiesman's guilt over Cordelia Ransom's absurd actions, I suspect he had the file on the Sirius-the Basilisk incident released rather soon after St Just took his last breath, as a token of self propitiation, as well as hoping HH would see it as an apology, the best he could do.

Telling the truth about all the lies the CPS and legislaturists created would take quite a while, but one reason Eloise is still so respected is that she's insisted on always telling the truth whenever possible, even if its hurt her administration as she did after Beatrice.

L

cthia wrote:
SWM wrote:*quote="cthia"*
I also wish for Eloise to formally erase — and apologize to Honor, on behalf of the restored Republic — those asinine charges and conviction, of murder.*quote*

Forever the consummate legal eagle. :lol:
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!

Return to Honorverse