Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 115 guests

Honorverse series, the future..?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse series, the future..?
Post by seahawk72s   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:50 pm

seahawk72s
Midshipman

Having just read "Cauldron of Ghosts" is there word yet on what is next, book wise, for the Honorverse series..?
I've looked but not seen any reference to future story lines.
Re: Honorverse series, the future..?
Post by Hutch   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

All we have for now is this post last week from the MWW:

There's at least one new Honorverse novel in the queue this year. I've had to wait with the main plot line until Eric and my schedules meshed well enough for us to do Cauldron, since I couldn't know how/if events in it would impact my mainline books and I didn't want to run ahead of events in that book in the next solo. Hopefully, I'll be turning it in sometime late this summer or early this fall. I am assuming that if I make my delivery schedule, you would see the book in late spring of next year. I do have a couple of other projects competing with it for time and space, but that's the plan and --- at the moment --- I see nothing to indicate that I won't make it.

That help?

As for the plot, I expect it to deal with the defeat and disintegration of the Solarian League to clear the path for the GA-MAlign confrontation, and I'm still holding out for "Honor Amid Chaos" as my preferred title.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

IIRC during the interview linked/discussed here (about 18 minutes in) David Weber said he'd start on it in the next 2-3 months.

seahawk72s wrote:Having just read "Cauldron of Ghosts" is there word yet on what is next, book wise, for the Honorverse series..?
I've looked but not seen any reference to future story lines.
Post by cthia   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:All we have for now is this post last week from the MWW:

There's at least one new Honorverse novel in the queue this year. I've had to wait with the main plot line until Eric and my schedules meshed well enough for us to do Cauldron, since I couldn't know how/if events in it would impact my mainline books and I didn't want to run ahead of events in that book in the next solo. Hopefully, I'll be turning it in sometime late this summer or early this fall. I am assuming that if I make my delivery schedule, you would see the book in late spring of next year. I do have a couple of other projects competing with it for time and space, but that's the plan and --- at the moment --- I see nothing to indicate that I won't make it.

That help?

As for the plot, I expect it to deal with the defeat and disintegration of the Solarian League to clear the path for the GA-MAlign confrontation, and I'm still holding out for "Honor Amid Chaos" as my preferred title.

Love that title Hutch!

I also like...

"Honor Roll"
"In Honor's Honor"
"For The Love of Honor"

Is it obvious that I'm an Honor junkie? An Honor groupie?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Hutch   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote: Love that title Hutch!

I also like...

"Honor Roll"
"In Honor's Honor"
"For The Love of Honor"

Is it obvious that I'm an Honor junkie? An Honor groupie?

Nice titles yourself. We have an old thread around the Forum (probably buried in the back pages) where we speculated on names for the next novel (normally, DW alternates between a 'normal' title and one with Honor in it. Since "A Rising Thunder" was the last mainline book, this one should be an "Honor" book. And with the SL collapsing in the biggest boom since the original Bang, the MAlignment doing it's nefarious worst, and the GA doing heroic stuff, it's likely to be a bit...Chaotic.

We shall see. I hold no title or copyright on any title and am just a speculating fan herein.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:Nice titles yourself. We have an old thread around the Forum (probably buried in the back pages) where we speculated on names for the next novel (normally, DW alternates between a 'normal' title and one with Honor in it. Since "A Rising Thunder" was the last mainline book, this one should be an "Honor" book. And with the SL collapsing in the biggest boom since the original Bang, the MAlignment doing it's nefarious worst, and the GA doing heroic stuff, it's likely to be a bit...Chaotic.

We shall see. I hold no title or copyright on any title and am just a speculating fan herein.
Hmm, it just occurred to me that the mainline and Talbott books are suppose to be merging back together.

Might we get a title that combined the two titling patterns?
Honor Amid Shadows;
Shadow of Honor;
something like that...
Post by iranuke   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:33 pm

iranuke
Commander

There are certain things that we know from ART. In July 1922 PD, Beowulf would hold an election to withdraw from the SL in September (right about the time Mike decided to head to Mesa), and Daud al-Fanudahi was talking to Teague about sending a fleet to Beowulf. Then at about the same time they were talking about the Mycroft system for controlling FTL missiles. I expect the next book to start about August 1922 PD, go thru the session vote and a SLN fleet showing up not long after that. I expect the SLN fleet commander to put their foot in their mouth making threats, and then get turned into dust bunnies by pods and Mycroft. I also expect about the same time for word of Mike at Mesa to become public. Beyond that my crystal ball gets real cloudy, but I am sure it will be an interesting read.
Post by Hutch   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

iranuke wrote:There are certain things that we know from ART. In July 1922 PD, Beowulf would hold an election to withdraw from the SL in September (right about the time Mike decided to head to Mesa), and Daud al-Fanudahi was talking to Teague about sending a fleet to Beowulf. Then at about the same time they were talking about the Mycroft system for controlling FTL missiles. I expect the next book to start about August 1922 PD, go thru the session vote and a SLN fleet showing up not long after that. I expect the SLN fleet commander to put their foot in their mouth making threats, and then get turned into dust bunnies by pods and Mycroft. I also expect about the same time for word of Mike at Mesa to become public

...And then we get to Chapter 2... :o 8-) ;)

Beyond that my crystal ball gets real cloudy, but I am sure it will be an interesting read.

Oh, give the bunch here a year to speculate and I'm sure we'll come up with the full plot--which will be 100% wrong, mind you, but I'm sure ours will be just as good... :lol:

Post by kzt   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

iranuke wrote: I expect the SLN fleet commander to put their foot in their mouth making threats, and then get turned into dust bunnies by pods and Mycroft.

Followed a few minutes later by a salvo of SLN missiles hitting Beowulf at 0.6c. Oops. Terribly sorry about that.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:46 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

After all that has happened is Solarian League and GA formally at war? If the SLN shows up at Beowulf, does the GA give them a chance to retreat unscathed or should Solly fleet simply be blown to dust bunnies without warning?

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Honorverse