Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

Mainline vs 'Side Stories'

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Mainline vs 'Side Stories'
Post by sawa   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 am

sawa
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:There's at least one new Honorverse novel in the queue this year. I've had to wait with the main plot line until Eric and my schedules meshed well enough for us to do Cauldron, since I couldn't know how/if events in it would impact my mainline books and I didn't want to run ahead of events in that book in the next solo. Hopefully, I'll be turning it in sometime late this summer or early this fall. I am assuming that if I make my delivery schedule, you would see the book in late spring of next year. I do have a couple of other projects competing with it for time and space, but that's the plan and --- at the moment --- I see nothing to indicate that I won't make it.

That help? :)

As long as you are in a revealing mood, could you share any info on the next House compendium? Were the sales from the first one enough to continue the project? If so can you tell us what the short story / novella is going to be about? The probable release date?
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:There's at least one new Honorverse novel in the queue this year. I've had to wait with the main plot line until Eric and my schedules meshed well enough for us to do Cauldron, since I couldn't know how/if events in it would impact my mainline books and I didn't want to run ahead of events in that book in the next solo. Hopefully, I'll be turning it in sometime late this summer or early this fall. I am assuming that if I make my delivery schedule, you would see the book in late spring of next year. I do have a couple of other projects competing with it for time and space, but that's the plan and --- at the moment --- I see nothing to indicate that I won't make it.

Yes it does :D
"And there was much rejoicing!"
Post by KNick   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:42 pm

KNick
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:

Yes it does :D
"And there was much rejoicing!"

Does much rejoicing cover dancing in the street?
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Reader Bob   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Reader Bob
Lieutenant Commander

If I could dance I would but I would humiliate myself and my two friends if I did something so stupid :lol: At seventy years I am afraid that the last chapter will be written just a bit too late.
And, whoever, I thought it was the Wonderful Wizard Weber, not the Mad Wizard Weber. Of course when I need to wait one second too long before getting the next book, I do think of him in much less polite terms :twisted:
Post by Cragsclaw   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Cragsclaw
Midshipman

runsforcelery wrote:
Cragsclaw wrote:I'd be happy just to hear some word on any new Honorverse book being in the works!

RFCs writing focus seems to have almost wholly shifted to Safehold, with the Honorverse being left to the prequel breakaway partnerships. As things stand we are looking at years before anything mainstream is available. There are just far to many loose ends with Mesa , Beowulf and the Sollies let alone the potentially major threat of the MA plans coming to fruition, now they have that confederation powerbase.

There's at least one new Honorverse novel in the queue this year. I've had to wait with the main plot line until Eric and my schedules meshed well enough for us to do Cauldron, since I couldn't know how/if events in it would impact my mainline books and I didn't want to run ahead of events in that book in the next solo. Hopefully, I'll be turning it in sometime late this summer or early this fall. I am assuming that if I make my delivery schedule, you would see the book in late spring of next year. I do have a couple of other projects competing with it for time and space, but that's the plan and --- at the moment --- I see nothing to indicate that I won't make it.

Oh yes! that does indeed help :) Thanks RFC.

I understand the need to get everything caught up before you could proceed and you certainly have a lot on your plate. So I was fearing that would mean you would not be in a position to submit anything until next year.
Post by BobG   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 pm

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:
There's at least one new Honorverse novel in the queue this year. I've had to wait with the main plot line until Eric and my schedules meshed well enough for us to do Cauldron, since I couldn't know how/if events in it would impact my mainline books and I didn't want to run ahead of events in that book in the next solo. Hopefully, I'll be turning it in sometime late this summer or early this fall. I am assuming that if I make my delivery schedule, you would see the book in late spring of next year. I do have a couple of other projects competing with it for time and space, but that's the plan and --- at the moment --- I see nothing to indicate that I won't make it.

Yes!
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by Brigade XO   » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Very happy to hear it. :)
Post by ksandgren   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:00 am

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Brigade XO wrote:Very happy to hear it. :)

+1.

Thanks RFC!
Post by Hutch   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:52 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

"O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" :D :D :D

Happy Easter, RFC
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Michael Riddell   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Michael Riddell
Captain (Junior Grade)

sawa wrote:As long as you are in a revealing mood, could you share any info on the next House compendium? Were the sales from the first one enough to continue the project? If so can you tell us what the short story / novella is going to be about? The probable release date?

If I may interject? :geek:

As far as is known, the novella in House of Lies is rumoured to be about the origins of the Duquesne Plan. Whether this will give us a clue as to exactly how Mesa subverted Haven is up to RFC. ;)

Mike. :)
---------------------
Gonnae no DAE that!

Why?

Just gonnae NO!
---------------------

Return to Honorverse