Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 54 guests

What Happened?!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
What Happened?!
Post by Reader Bob   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Reader Bob
Lieutenant Commander

I have been missing in action for a while: busy with family matters that wouldn't let go. Before I left, I was a Lt. Commander. Now it shows that with my 98 posts I'm a Lt. (Sr Grade)! Did I really screw up and get bumped down in rank? I really do hope that rank inflation became a problem and everyone needs more postings to make rank and it wasn't anything I did.
Re: What Happened?!
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Reader Bob wrote:I have been missing in action for a while: busy with family matters that wouldn't let go. Before I left, I was a Lt. Commander. Now it shows that with my 98 posts I'm a Lt. (Sr Grade)! Did I really screw up and get bumped down in rank? I really do hope that rank inflation became a problem and everyone needs more postings to make rank and it wasn't anything I did.

No, it happened to everyone - I went from (I think) Rear Admiral to Captain of the List. I think the mods just wanted us to spend more "time in grade" as it were because having people who've made ~1500 posts being the same rank as people who've made ~5000 looked a little ridiculous. :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Reader Bob   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Reader Bob
Lieutenant Commander

Thank you roseandheather for lifting my spirits. I was afraid I stuck my foot in it somehow (I manage to do that on a regular basis so should be used to it by now) and wanted to avoid doing it again. I agree that you can only have so many Admirals of the Fleet in one navy.
Post by Alistair   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

yeah I've gone from being a fleet admiral to just being a rear admiral :(

back to only having one division of SDs to play with ;)
Post by Lord Skimper   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I'm following in the esteemed foot steps of Kirk, only as a Vice Admiral I never made full Admiral yet.
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about it. ;)
Post by drothgery   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm

drothgery
Admiral

I lost a couple of stars ...
Post by Greentea   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Greentea
Commander

Reader Bob wrote:Thank you roseandheather for lifting my spirits. I was afraid I stuck my foot in it somehow (I manage to do that on a regular basis so should be used to it by now) and wanted to avoid doing it again. I agree that you can only have so many Admirals of the Fleet in one navy.

Unless you're the SLN, where you have to be at least an officer of the list to be on the bridge. Since no one wants to be the SLN, some rank adjustments were made.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.

Return to Honorverse