Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 111 guests

IAN tonnages

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
IAN tonnages
Post by hairbear541   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 am

hairbear541
Ensign

I know that with the great resizing , there will be some confusion ; but certain items need addressing. But to totally leave out these items isn't like you.
type class tn #in class
SDP Adler
BCP Blucher
BC Thor
CA Verfechter

One of your most devoted fans.
S. Rogers(hairbear541)
Re: IAN tonnages
Post by Duckk   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Uhh...what are you getting at? I can't parse any meaningful statement or complaint out of your post.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by The E   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:35 am

The E
Admiral

The stats for these vessels have not been released yet. However, they will (probably) be in the Andermani portion of House of Lies (the next companion book).
Post by pokermind   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

He's asking for the tonnages of Imperial Andermani ships. Perhaps you know when the Compendium containing the Andermani is do out. tRMN just launched the Andrmani fleet and I'm sure they will be intrested.

Poker

Duckk wrote:Uhh...what are you getting at? I can't parse any meaningful statement or complaint out of your post.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by hairbear541   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:34 am

hairbear541
Ensign

Gentlemen , i'm not complaining; but being a kind of nuts and bolts old seadog I need facts not assunptions to properly gage strengths and capabilities of the vessels in question.
hairbear
Post by pokermind   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

The hard numbers are not out in a simple place yet. You may find some combing War of Honor and some of the later books but, until the compendium comes out there is not much avilable.

You might try the Honorverse Wiki:

http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Andermani_Navy

http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Naval_Ships_of_the_Anderman_Empire

This is a non canon source and, although the editors try there may be incorrect information there.

Poker

hairbear541 wrote:Gentlemen , i'm not complaining; but being a kind of nuts and bolts old seadog I need facts not assunptions to properly gage strengths and capabilities of the vessels in question.
hairbear
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

hairbear541 wrote:Gentlemen , i'm not complaining; but being a kind of nuts and bolts old seadog I need facts not assunptions to properly gage strengths and capabilities of the vessels in question.
hairbear
We [fans of David Weber's Honorverse] don't really have facts on most Andermandi ships (beyond the tidbits in the novels; like their SDs tend to run a little small) and we won't until the Honorverse Companion which covers the Andies is released.

[I'm not sure even David Weber, aka runsforcelery, has those details in his tech bible yet. After all there's been almost no combat with the Andies so the details may have been left to be filled in when needed. But we, the fans, don't have access to that tech bible (and the few people who do can't disclose info from it)]

The only IAN ships I know of with any details released were the following four from the Saganami Island Tactical Simulator game's shipbooks (specifically shipbook 2).
Dolch-class Destroyer
- 92,750 tons; 519.4 g full accel

Nachtschatten-class Light Cruiser
- 135,750 tons; 517.3 g full accel

Emden-class Heavy Cruiser
- 284,750 tons; 510.2 g full accel

Mendelssohn-class Battlecruiser
- 896,250 tons; 488.1 g full accel

(I just pulled those from my acceleration calculation spreadsheet; if I dug up my copy of the shipbook it'd have dimensions, crew weapons, and some back-story for each).
Post by hairbear541   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 pm

hairbear541
Ensign

Thanks for the feedback on my question on IAN tonnages, just one more question ; when is the compendium due out so I can put in an advanced order.
hairbear
Post by The E   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:41 pm

The E
Admiral

We don't know. It hasn't appeared in the Baen publishing queue yet.
Post by munroburton   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:00 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:We [fans of David Weber's Honorverse] don't really have facts on most Andermandi ships (beyond the tidbits in the novels; like their SDs tend to run a little small) and we won't until the Honorverse Companion which covers the Andies is released.

IIRC, their "smaller" SD was a ~7.5mt unit designed to operate as part of fast missile wings supplementing a more conventional wall. Both classes would be obsolete in the pod-layer era.

Needless to say, I'm one of those eagerly awaiting the other companion books.

Return to Honorverse