Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests

Back to Honor's World.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Back to Honor's World.
Post by krsulhope   » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:44 pm

krsulhope
Midshipman

:D I am just such a HUGE Honor Harrington fan that I miss her being the main character. I missed her so much I went back and started reading "On Basilisk Station" again. I do know you are doing so much and that adding another offshoot may make you pull more hair out by the roots, but is it possible you could explore Honor's trials and tribulations in her time at the Academy? Just thinking about Henke, Young, her martial arts, and the flight tournaments just makes me long for your special style to write another great series. ;)
Re: Back to Honor's World.
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

krsulhope wrote::D I am just such a HUGE Honor Harrington fan that I miss her being the main character. I missed her so much I went back and started reading "On Basilisk Station" again. I do know you are doing so much and that adding another offshoot may make you pull more hair out by the roots, but is it possible you could explore Honor's trials and tribulations in her time at the Academy? Just thinking about Henke, Young, her martial arts, and the flight tournaments just makes me long for your special style to write another great series. ;)

I second that.
I've read and reread OBS so many times and have developed such a love affair that I'm seriously considering locking it up with heavy duty chains and installing a security system. Get this, I got the hardback version that came without a paper cover. The scene is built-into the cover. It is what made me take a chance on the book. Boy did I strike it rich!

I feel like Jed on the Beverly Hillbillies...
I took a shot and up come a bubbling crude...

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:01 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
krsulhope wrote::D I am just such a HUGE Honor Harrington fan that I miss her being the main character. I missed her so much I went back and started reading "On Basilisk Station" again. I do know you are doing so much and that adding another offshoot may make you pull more hair out by the roots, but is it possible you could explore Honor's trials and tribulations in her time at the Academy? Just thinking about Henke, Young, her martial arts, and the flight tournaments just makes me long for your special style to write another great series. ;)

I second that.
I've read and reread OBS so many times and have developed such a love affair that I'm seriously considering locking it up with heavy duty chains and installing a security system. Get this, I got the hardback version that came without a paper cover. The scene is built-into the cover. It is what made me take a chance on the book. Boy did I strike it rich!

I feel like Jed on the Beverly Hillbillies...
I took a shot and up come a bubbling crude...

While I would give up quite a lot for a series about Honor's time at the Academy - including various limbs - I would politely request that RFC finish the story he's got going before he starts the prequels. The last thing we need is to be stranded with one or two books to go before the Alignment is ground under the Grand Alliance's heel and no new book in sight because His Celeryness is retired/too busy/etc. to write it! :lol:

(...why yes, I do have friends in the A Song of Ice and Fire fandom... why do you ask?? :P )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Dca   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

The closest I'm aware of to this timeframe is "The best laid plans", where a 12 year old Honor meets Nimitz, in Beginnings. Next stop, "Ms. Midshipwoman Harrington", on her middy cruise, in Changer of Worlds.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Dca wrote:The closest I'm aware of to this timeframe is "The best laid plans", where a 12 year old Honor meets Nimitz, in Beginnings. Next stop, "Ms. Midshipwoman Harrington", on her middy cruise, in Changer of Worlds.

Also "The Hard Way Home" (Lieutenant Commander Harrington on Gryphon) and "Let's Dance" (Commander Honor Harrington and her first hypercapable command, HMS Hawkwing). :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by MaxxQ   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Earlier tonight, David participated in a Reddit interview/Q&A, along with Matt Hawkins from Top Cow and a couple other folks from Evergreen.

In the course of the Q&A, David mentioned that he doesn't ever plan to do "prequel" novels of Honor, and instead will keep tidbits like those requested in the OP to novellas and/or short stories. He also said that there are possibly only one or two more books planned that will have Honor as the central character, and that other Honorverse books will center around other characters such as Mike Henke, Aivars Terekhov, Helen Zilwicki, and others.
Post by krsulhope   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:41 am

krsulhope
Midshipman

[quote="MaxxQ"]Earlier tonight, David participated in a Reddit interview/Q&A, along with Matt Hawkins from Top Cow and a couple other folks from Evergreen.

In the course of the Q&A, David mentioned that he doesn't ever plan to do "prequel" novels of Honor, and instead will keep tidbits like those requested in the OP to novellas and/or short stories. He also said that there are possibly only one or two more books planned that will have Honor as the central character, and that other Honorverse books will center around other characters such as Mike Henke, Aivars Terekhov, Helen Zilwicki, and others

Well thank you for the update and I'm glad to have such a quick response. Really sorry that I won't be able to get more Honor in my diet. Still enjoy all of Mr. Weber's efforts. Very few good writers/thinkers now-a-days in the New writing samples I have been subjected to. Please continue Sir. (Salute)

Return to Honorverse