Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests

System Guard

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
System Guard
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

A defensive system force based on newer systems and protection of backwater areas.

This allows you to setup a defensive force that can be sold or leased to the newer systems without disclosing new tech to the natives, not too much new info.

This also let's you use your limited new ships and tech in a relatively small mobile force. Like buttercup. Only with a System Guard left behind.
Post by Uroboros   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:35 am

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

There isn't enough detail at all to even think about. Is it like, an emplaced system? Older ships re-tasked to system defense? Flights of LACs? Pods? Mycrof-Moriarty systems? What are you suggesting?
Re: System Guard
Post by SWM   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:30 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

If you are suggesting yet another brand new design, you have to explain why Manticore would want to use precious yard space building ships for export when Manticore needs every ship it can build just for its own navy.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Yes, the Manties use LAC wings for that.

HTM

Lord Skimper wrote:A defensive system force based on newer systems and protection of backwater areas.

This allows you to setup a defensive force that can be sold or leased to the newer systems without disclosing new tech to the natives, not too much new info.

This also let's you use your limited new ships and tech in a relatively small mobile force. Like buttercup. Only with a System Guard left behind.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

(Tired when I wrote it) Editting so I don't accidentally delete again.

Follow onto the Gryphon refit.

Silesian protectorate.

Building 3-6 retrofit slips per system. (In Silesia)

Training bases dirt and space side. But making a less high tech navy using older ships refitted and various captured or refit older ships. Mainly in the SD Gryphon's, but the newest of BC CL DD. Ships. Adding Older CLAC to Silesian systems and Shrike B and Ferret. 100+ each. For now. Making older tech version of new systems. Capacitor based MDM and DDM and LERM missiles.

Using a new unarmed "Q" ship. Basically a freighter or Fast freighter with sidewalls and better but not best compensator. Better telemetry and Cataphract and Mk41 pods. Again with 2 million Cataphract missiles in 200,000 ten missile pods. Mostly for use by foreign systems etc... Mk41's for Silesian and more friendly systems. LERM for other smaller units.

The unarmed "Q" ships will be modular systems that can act as a lesser Mycroft or similar defense system. Again the freighters are unarmed. But will carry system LAC and act as podlayers. FF(P) Fast Freighter Pod layers. But also carrying 24 Highlander 2 LAC. Cataphract Pods. For lease or Mk41B pods for the System Guard.

System Guard acts as a better Coast Guard. Inspections improved lesser ships but a few good ones. Older DD or CL to run for help if an attack takes place. Several reaction fleets. Say 6 x 34 SD Gryphon 2's. With a dozen improved BC. The cavalry.

Half a dozen SF(P) Slow Freighter pod layers or FF(P) Fast Freighter pod layers. Ultimately when you take the older other ships apart SL SD you can reuse the wedges bottles compensators, Life support, etc... making modular systems that combine into the FF(P).

This doesn't use any existing slips but it does create 34 additional systems in Silesia that will become yards. And let's you make money selling the lesser tech. Better than anyone outside the GA but not the newest stuff.

This also works with the disgruntled few and allows a misinformation campaign to be waged with a steady trickle of what would be critically important information to the league etc... But will only leak the most basic carefully controlled information. Plus with the known information allow for conformation but only on a lesser scale. Yes MDM are long range but since the Mk41 doesn't tell much about the Mk23 etc... They do match some of the information already known from engagements. So it confirms known information.

Let's the League know that Manty tech is not as good as those wild exaggerations. Or so they will think.
Post by SWM   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:19 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

blink blink

A freighter which can launch and control missile pods is "unarmed"? :o

I really can't imagine how you can say that with a straight face. Or maybe you don't have a straight face? Are you just putting us on?

And you continue to spout off about capacitor MDMs and Manticoran cataphracts and "Highlander 2" and refitted Gryphons, completely ignoring the arguments made against them? All in one incomprehensible mishmash, throwing all the ideas together with no discernable order and no explanation for why this is a good idea? Or even a clear explanation of what your idea is?

I can only conclude that you are simply an odd form of troll, blurting out whatever flits through your head with no attempt to actually analyze your own thoughts, let alone those of others.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Whitecold   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Whitecold
Commander

So, please, what is wrong with LAC's, system defense pods and regular naval units?
Post by KNick   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:25 pm

KNick
Admiral

SWM wrote:blink blink

<<SNINP for brevity>>
I can only conclude that you are simply an odd form of troll, blurting out whatever flits through your head with no attempt to actually analyze your own thoughts, let alone those of others.

I think I finally figured out what he's doing. He's using this forum as his version of BuNine for his personal fanfic.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by George J. Smith   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:52 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

KNick wrote:
SWM wrote:blink blink

<<SNINP for brevity>>

I think I finally figured out what he's doing. He's using this forum as his version of BuNine for his personal fanfic.

I think he is just trying to get promoted by submitting so many posts.

Maybe a court marshal is in order with a reduction in rank the penalty :lol: :mrgreen:

T&R
GJS
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by pokermind   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:
[Snip quotes]

I think he is just trying to get promoted by submitting so many posts.

Maybe a court marshal is in order with a reduction in rank the penalty :lol: :mrgreen:

T&R
GJS

We don't have a court martial here just the Duckk's post nippers, thread nippers and, ultimately his ban-hammer for those who refuse to play nice.

;) Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.

Return to Honorverse