Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

10th Fleet numbers?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: 10th Fleet numbers?
Post by Hutch   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Some textev from Shadow of Freedom, and Mike is getting ready to leave Montana for Tillerman.

..In the meantime, I'll be leaving your other division and Scotty Tremaine's division here in Montana, along with the rest of Culbertson's CLAC's, and the rest of our destroyers, all under Culbertson....

....And you won't be staying either, Apolonia. I'm taking your squadron, Michael's battlecruisers,and Admiral Menadue's carriers to join Admiral Bennington in Tillerman.

So, Therekov is at Mobius with 1 CLAC, 4 CA, and 8 DD. Culberson is at Montana with 3-4 CLAC, 8 CA, and an unknown number of Destroyers. Mike moved to Tillerman with 8-10 SD(P)'s, 4-5 CLAC's (remember, she has 20 SD(P)'s and 20 CLAC's by textev, so they may be in odd-sized squadrons/divisions), and 8 BC's.

Which makes Tillerman have 20 SD(P)'s, 14-16 CLAC's, and 16 BC's. If she took 28 capital ships with her to Meyers, say, 18 SD(P)'s and 10 CLAC's, that would leave Bennington at Tillerman with 2 SD(P) and 4-6 CLAC's.

As for where all the smaller ships came from? The MWW needs a good logistician...IMHO... ;)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by kzt   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:01 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:As for where all the smaller ships came from? The MWW needs a good logistician...IMHO... ;)

To a certain extent that is what I understand Bu9 is supposed to do for him. But only if he lets them.
Post by Hutch   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

kzt wrote:
Hutch wrote:As for where all the smaller ships came from? The MWW needs a good logistician...IMHO... ;)

To a certain extent that is what I understand Bu9 is supposed to do for him. But only if he lets them.

True and I probably should have said "bean counter" rather than logistician, since unlike many SF writers the MWW does recognize build lead time, the need for support ships, and that ships do have down time for maintenance and repairs, so the Honorverse does do a pretty good job on the logistics end.

It just doesn't know where it's ships are at..... 8-) :lol: ;)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse