Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Old Question....Fresh Request....Honorverse Star Maps?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Old Question....Fresh Request....Honorverse Star Maps?
Post by HB of CJ   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:01 am

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

My dinkum thinkum skills are practically non existent so bear with me. Where can I relocate the various sites on the excellent extensive Honorverse star maps showing ALL the old and very new Junctions? Also a good map of the Sollie league would continue to awe me. Thanks in advance. I love it here. Very relaxing indeed. HB of CJ (old coot) :)
Re: Old Question....Fresh Request....Honorverse Star Maps?
Post by dreamrider   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Unless someone has done a very recent, extensive, update, there are no published maps that show All of the textev wormhole connections. There certainly was no such map, other than close hold projects by and for David, as of HonorCon.

Hers one of the collections's with the most cred:
http://honorverseglossary.wikispaces.com/MAPS

dreamrider
Thank You Very Much
Post by HB of CJ   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:38 am

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

Just what I was looking for. Thank you. HB of CJ (old coot) :)
Post by captainofthelist   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:05 pm

captainofthelist
Commander

Check Google Galactic maps! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post by SWM   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

I guess I may as well give a quick note to whet your appetites. I am in the process of producing an improved composite map of all available maps. It's going to surprise some people--I've figured out how to match all the most accurate maps, including the Illegible Map. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get this out to people, and I'm still working on refining it.

Happy waitings... :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Theemile   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:I guess I may as well give a quick note to whet your appetites. I am in the process of producing an improved composite map of all available maps. It's going to surprise some people--I've figured out how to match all the most accurate maps, including the Illegible Map. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get this out to people, and I'm still working on refining it.

You might want to see if you could put it on SAWA's site with his maps.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Dca   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

SWM wrote:I guess I may as well give a quick note to whet your appetites. I am in the process of producing an improved composite map of all available maps. It's going to surprise some people--I've figured out how to match all the most accurate maps, including the Illegible Map. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get this out to people, and I'm still working on refining it.

I've been trying to decide whether to do this myself, being a minor map geek. Glad to hear you're taking that on instead! I have no Idea if you'd go about it in a similar way, but what I was picturing was a Table approach, capturing distances, references and dates so it would be easy to see what the universe looked like at various dates, and hopefully easier to revise in the face of new data.

Then I remember this is a work of fiction and there is no requirement for global consistency, as much as we might desire it. So ... whatever works, and I'll be thankful.

BTW, having developed search engines before there was a WWW, we called it a specialization of library science.
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:45 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Hooray!

Return to Honorverse