Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Nimitz

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Since the movie begins with HOQ, that means we shall see Honor and Nimitz thwart Maccabeus. We'll see Honor's coup de vitesse, and Nimitz war cry and built in P-38s!

Unfortunately, we'll have to see and live through Honor's injury in HD detail.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Nimitz
Post by saber964   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm

saber964
Admiral

Posts: 2376
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm
Location: Spokane WA USA

cthia wrote:Since the movie begins with HOQ, that means we shall see Honor and Nimitz thwart Maccabeus. We'll see Honor's coup de vitesse, and Nimitz war cry and built in P-38s!

Unfortunately, we'll have to see and live through Honor's injury in HD detail.

Nice reference to C-rat can openers
Top
Re: With apologies to Gilbert & Sullivan
Post by Dca   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:26 pm
Location: Boston, MA

TheMonster wrote:
Dca wrote:Yes, it's a boreal arboreal. :roll:
They're the very model of a boreal arboreal.
They eat a wide variety of animal and vegetable.
They'll even chew on "mineral" (if soft enough) material:
on rubber and on plastic and on others petrochemical.
In Europe they do that so well, the damage: millions annual.
And yet the name for money is the same as this mere animal
all throughout Croatia, both mountainous and littoral.

Bravo! 8-)
Top
Re: Nimitz
Post by Coljr3   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Coljr3
Midshipman

Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Love the red panda idea, looks pretty perfect to me. I'm just glad there are so many people that agree with me, thanks guys
Top
Re: Nimitz
Post by MaxxQ   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:54 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: Greer, South Carolina USA

Coljr3 wrote:Love the red panda idea, looks pretty perfect to me. I'm just glad there are so many people that agree with me, thanks guys


A friend of my sister was here over the weekend and she is a huge comics fan, although she's never heard of David Weber or the Honorverse. I asked her to read my copy of the comic to get a non-fan take on it. She liked it (her biggest compliment was for the inside art), but even before I had said anything to her about Nimitz, she mentioned that she didn't really like him. She didn't go into detail as to why, though, aside from the fact that she didn't like his looks much.

She also said that she would have to read more to get a better handle on the story. I think it may have been a little too much to assimilate in the first issue. Hard for me to judge, though.
=================

DeviantArt: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/
Mk28 Condor pinnace: http://youtu.be/fy8e-3lrKGE
HMS Fearless: http://youtu.be/uEiGEeq8SiI
Mk13 load sequence: http://youtu.be/i99Ufp_wAnQ
Mk16 attack sequence: http://youtu.be/byq68MjOlJU
Top
Re: With apologies to Gilbert & Sullivan
Post by chrisd   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:29 am

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 am
Location: North-East England (70%) and also Thailand (30%)

TheMonster wrote:
Dca wrote:Yes, it's a boreal arboreal. :roll:
They're the very model of a boreal arboreal.
They eat a wide variety of animal and vegetable.
They'll even chew on "mineral" (if soft enough) material:
on rubber and on plastic and on others petrochemical.
In Europe they do that so well, the damage: millions annual.
And yet the name for money is the same as this mere animal
all throughout Croatia, both mountainous and littoral.

And is NOT the very model of a Modern Major-General "
Top
Re: Nimitz
Post by Hutch   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:56 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Huntsville, Alabama y'all

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:Since the movie begins with HOQ, that means we shall see Honor and Nimitz thwart Maccabeus. We'll see Honor's coup de vitesse, and Nimitz war cry and built in P-38s!

Unfortunately, we'll have to see and live through Honor's injury in HD detail.

Nice reference to C-rat can openers


I was wondering why a treecat was like a twin-engined WWII plane...thanks for explaining.
***********************************************
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Top
Re: Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:Since the movie begins with HOQ, that means we shall see Honor and Nimitz thwart Maccabeus. We'll see Honor's coup de vitesse, and Nimitz war cry and built in P-38s!

Unfortunately, we'll have to see and live through Honor's injury in HD detail.

Nice reference to C-rat can openers

Thanks, it is a nice reference!...
but, I can't take the credit. My niece actually made the comparison.

I was explaining to her what the gold-plated thingy on my keychain was when it led to the conversation.

"Hey Uncle, these are what Nimitz has!"

Later my sister bragged about her P-51's.

Then my niece says "Hexapumas have P-51's"
You would have had to be there to see the expression on her face. :lol:

Everyone on my dorm floor, and eventually the entire dorm owned a P-38.

The P-51 was more popular with girls.
http://p-38.net/wordpress/

I passed out lots of P-38's in college.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

I was thinking. Yes, sometimes I really do, think. :D
Memory Singers can give entire historical accounts to other treecats. I recall that Honor got some sort of an impression from Samantha once, thru Nimitz. I wonder if it is possible that Honor could one day get a glimpse into the psyche of Stephanie Harrington.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top

Return to Honorverse