Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 49 guests

Manpower's Attack on Cathy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Manpower's Attack on Cathy
Post by jtg452   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:27 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

I was reading the snippets from Caldron of Ghosts when Manpower's attack on Cathy and Anton Zilwiki was mentioned- again- and it got me to thinking, I don't remember actually reading about the attack.

Is it in a book (aka official canon?) and I've missed adding that book to my DWW collection? Is it in a book I already have and just forgot about reading it or is it something that happened off camera (such as it were) that hasn't been 'officially' written about in detail.

A little help from the peanut gallery would be greatly appreciated in this case, since I'm apparently a little lost on the matter.
Re: Manpower's Attack on Cathy
Post by Duckk   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

It's never shown "on screen". It's first mentioned in Crown of Slaves.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by biochem   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:37 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

I'd love to see it in a short story!
Post by Hutch   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

biochem wrote:I'd love to see it in a short story!

I think most of us would--however, the MWW hasn't indicated any particular interest in writing said story (at least on this forum, IIRC).

Because I think it would be spectacular...
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by SWM   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:28 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Actually, David suggested that it would be pretty boring. Some idiots attacked the house. Zilwicki killed them.

A lot of people have said in the past they'd like to see the whole story, of course. I wouldn't mind seeing one. But I also don't mind if is brushed off as a not-very-interesting bit of background.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by jtg452   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:49 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

I thought that was the case but I've been down with a severe sinus infection for the last week or so and since antihistamines make me rather loopy (like 'talk to inanimate objects' loopy if I take them on an empty stomach rather than just 'can barely remember my own name if I don't concentrate on it' loopy the rest of the time) I wanted to make sure.
Post by JohnS   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:25 pm

JohnS
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

SWM wrote:Actually, David suggested that it would be pretty boring. Some idiots attacked the house. Zilwicki killed them.

And From the Highlands could be summarized as, "Some idiots kidnap Zilwicki's daughter. Cachat kills them." If RFC, or any of the collaborative writers, doesn't want to write the story, fine. But trying to demean it with a high-level summary is just silly.
Post by SWM   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:45 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

JohnS wrote:
SWM wrote:Actually, David suggested that it would be pretty boring. Some idiots attacked the house. Zilwicki killed them.

And From the Highlands could be summarized as, "Some idiots kidnap Zilwicki's daughter. Cachat kills them." If RFC, or any of the collaborative writers, doesn't want to write the story, fine. But trying to demean it with a high-level summary is just silly.

I'm not trying to demean it. I'm trying to share the impression I got from David's post on the subject. Perhaps I got the wrong impression, but that is exactly the impression I got.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:50 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

JohnS wrote:

You could do that with every damn book in the series!

On Basilisk Station: Some idiots attack Basilisk. Honor kills them.

The Short Victorious War: Some idiots attack Hancock. Honor kills them.

Echoes of Honor: Some idiots try to kill Honor. Honor kills them.

Ashes of Victory: Some idiots kill Cromarty and Earl Gold Peak. Elizabeth is pissed. Also some idiots try to kill Giscard and Tourville. Shannon vaporizes them.

At All Costs: Everyone you love dies so we don't talk about this book any more.

A Rising Thunder: Some idiots attack Manticore. Honor and Tom Theisman kill them.

What varies, you'll notice, is how these things get done. If RFC thinks the story would be boring, it'd probably be pretty boring.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by dan92677   » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:00 am

dan92677
Commander

Don't forget that it would have to be just mostly a description of how he killed each one of them...

Return to Honorverse