Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Manpower's Attack on Cathy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Manpower's Attack on Cathy
Post by Direwolf18   » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:06 am

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

From what I believe David Weber said, or maybe it was Eric Flint, a low lvl Manpower manager thought he could punch his ticket and sent some B rate goons to attack Cathy, in a particularly inept fashion at that. They don't make it very far.
Post by saber964   » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:17 pm

saber964
Admiral

IIRC in the Textiv. That Anton shipped the chunks of the mercenaries bodies back to the mercenary hiring halls that sent them out in the first place.
Post by kzt   » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:40 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Which shows a lack of real planning. It's extremely hard to protect yourself against a sniper who knows where you live and is patient unless you have a very large security team and control of a the land for a long way out. Not to mention that if you are willing to hire mercs you are willing to use anti-air missiles against their limo.
Post by Garth 2   » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Garth 2
Captain of the List

It would only make sense if the story was seen from Manpower eyes - i.e. the Manager who organised the mission which also gave an explanation as to why the sniper option wasn't taken.
Post by biochem   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:19 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:From what I believe David Weber said, or maybe it was Eric Flint, a low lvl Manpower manager thought he could punch his ticket and sent some B rate goons to attack Cathy, in a particularly inept fashion at that. They don't make it very far.

I've always loved dumb criminal stories. Told with a proper sense of humor, it could be quite entertaining.

Return to Honorverse