Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 138 guests

Character hobbies!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Character hobbies!
Post by John Prigent   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Ahem! White Persian cats are found with for villains - qv many James Bond films. Eloise is not a villain, so she needs something without that connotation. A Maine Coon, perhaps?
Cheers
John
Post by Whitecold   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 am

Whitecold
Commander

Eloise doesn't need any special breed of cat, a kitten found somewhere in a slum in Nouveau Paris would do as well.
I feel she's a person who likes having a creature around who doesn't give a damn she's the president of the second largest star nation in explored space.
Post by Hutch   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:Funny, I thought Francesca Yucel's hobby was pissing off Aivars Terekhov and getting vaporized for it.... :lol:

Which has the disadvantage that you're only able to indulge in it once.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by bunyipbelle   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 am

bunyipbelle
Lieutenant Commander

A white persian is traditionally more of an arch villian's cat. I do not see Eloise as an arch villian.She would do better with either a grey persian or a siamese. They would suit her personality & image more.

crewdude48 wrote:
roseandheather wrote:
Does Eloise have a pet? Does she have a cat? (As opposed to a 'cat. :lol: ) Wouldn't that just suit her perfectly?

I could see her with a Persian. Oh, yes. It has to be a big white Persian cat. She can hold it in her lap and pet it while she glares at a subordinate who has faild her. :lol:
Post by bunyipbelle   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:40 am

bunyipbelle
Lieutenant Commander

Aa white persian is more of a traditional arch villian's cat. I think that it is the type of pet that someone like Albrecht Detweiler would have. It could sit in his lap or on the arm of his chair with a supercilious expression on its face while Albrecht Detweiler ordered the death of Millions.
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 pm

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Detweiler's Persian has, of course, been modified for maximum whiteness, minimum shedding, minimum attitude, and maximum petting. Among other things.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

NortonIDaughter wrote:Detweiler's Persian has, of course, been modified for maximum whiteness, minimum shedding, minimum attitude, and maximum petting. Among other things.

Minimum attitude?

Don't you mean maximum attitude?? :lol:

As for Eloise's theoretical cat....

ginger Norwegian Forest Cat.

You're welcome. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Mobryan   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Mobryan
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

My daydream hobbies-

Aivars Terekhov-Has an exhaustive (digital) collection of pre-Diaspora art.

Tourville- Obviously, he has an antique weapons collection on public display.

Macguinness- Crafts fine jewelry.

Matt
Post by Festival   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Festival
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I was tempted to speculate on something wholly appropriate and expected for Shannon Foraker (like, say, writing breakthrough papers on quantum mechanics or extremely complex and involved strategy gaming). Then it hit me that Shannon might very well select hobbies that take her very far away from the mindset she needs for her work.

Thus: Shannon Foraker splits her regrettably scarce free time between soccer - where she plays CAM (central attacking midfielder) probably the most strategic position...can't stray too far from type! - and flyfishing (see above comment about running to type). The pure exertion of footy and the zen-like nature of flyfishing give her a way to step back from the intense mental exertion of her work and recharge her cerebral batteries.

Oh, and:

Post by John Prigent   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:21 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I'd love to read that Early Years book, but somehow I don't see it fitting into the Honorverse writing schedule.
Cheers
John
Festival wrote:I was tempted to speculate on something wholly appropriate and expected for Shannon Foraker (like, say, writing breakthrough papers on quantum mechanics or extremely complex and involved strategy gaming). Then it hit me that Shannon might very well select hobbies that take her very far away from the mindset she needs for her work.

Thus: Shannon Foraker splits her regrettably scarce free time between soccer - where she plays CAM (central attacking midfielder) probably the most strategic position...can't stray too far from type! - and flyfishing (see above comment about running to type). The pure exertion of footy and the zen-like nature of flyfishing give her a way to step back from the intense mental exertion of her work and recharge her cerebral batteries.

Oh, and:

Return to Honorverse