Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Character hobbies!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Character hobbies!
Post by kenl511   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 am

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:
NortonIDaughter wrote:
(WTF is doughnut keep-away? Or am I too young to know?)

There is one particular scene in (I believe) SftS in which Michelle attempts to keep Dicey away from her doughnut and fails. It's quite amusing - to us, that is. Not to Michelle. :lol:

Also a scene in SoF where she loses about a third of a doughnut to Dicey.
Post by Westbrook 49   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Westbrook 49
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I always pictured Allen Summervale (RIP) as a big chess player, like he'd have one of those really cool old boards in his office, one with a story attached to it. Also, given his love of old clocks, he probably was a big antique hunter.
Post by bunyipbelle   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:50 am

bunyipbelle
Lieutenant Commander

I agree with Mangy Fur.Eloise now has a tree cat bodyguard named Sharp Claw.I think that Sharp Claw would be playful and sweet and enjoy lying in Eloise's lap. Sharp Claw
also has the additional advantage of having very sharp claws which can be used to deal with enemies appropriately.

pokermind wrote:Mange, <Eloise has been assigned a guardian of the People she needs no Terran feline!> Treecat laughter, "Bleek, bleek, bleek, ... bleek!"

saber964 wrote:I was thinking for Eloise's pet kitty a Siberian Forest cat
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:25 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Westbrook 49 wrote:I always pictured Allen Summervale (RIP) as a big chess player, like he'd have one of those really cool old boards in his office, one with a story attached to it. Also, given his love of old clocks, he probably was a big antique hunter.

I kinda skated over this comment until I stopped and actually tried to visualize Allen Summervale browsing the junky old antique shops in my area... the funky smells, the creepy '60s baby dolls... seriously, I'm dying over here. :lol:
Post by KNick   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 am

KNick
Admiral

NortonIDaughter wrote:
Westbrook 49 wrote:I always pictured Allen Summervale (RIP) as a big chess player, like he'd have one of those really cool old boards in his office, one with a story attached to it. Also, given his love of old clocks, he probably was a big antique hunter.

I kinda skated over this comment until I stopped and actually tried to visualize Allen Summervale browsing the junky old antique shops in my area... the funky smells, the creepy '60s baby dolls... seriously, I'm dying over here. :lol:

Nah. He's the guy on the other end of the vid, bidding anonymously. The kind the auction master at the Honorverse equivalent of Christi's calls personally and says something like "Sir, we have two or three items you might be interested in. Your normal personal representative will call you when they are due up for bid."
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:16 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

I think kid!Shannon is great. I have a headcanon that Shannon's fav game is a very accurate tactics game, which depending on when you are playing it with her, may even have up to date Havenite tech. However, when she has to host politicians for dinner, she messes with the settings to give them half of a chance (at best, if she's being nice).
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:I think kid!Shannon is great. I have a headcanon that Shannon's fav game is a very accurate tactics game, which depending on when you are playing it with her, may even have up to date Havenite tech. However, when she has to host politicians for dinner, she messes with the settings to give them half of a chance (at best, if she's being nice).

LOL

I suggested elsewhere that playing chess with her is probably a suicide mission. Your only chance of winning is if she gets distracted. She probably has an annoying habit of saying OOPS when she mates you.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:20 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:
Shannon_Foraker wrote:I think kid!Shannon is great. I have a headcanon that Shannon's fav game is a very accurate tactics game, which depending on when you are playing it with her, may even have up to date Havenite tech. However, when she has to host politicians for dinner, she messes with the settings to give them half of a chance (at best, if she's being nice).

LOL

I suggested elsewhere that playing chess with her is probably a suicide mission. Your only chance of winning is if she gets distracted. She probably has an annoying habit of saying OOPS when she mates you.

Agreed. Don't offer to play against her. Come up with an excuse to get out of it, at all costs.
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:37 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

Do you think this is a good little kid Shannon, after a project gone wrong?
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:40 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

Esther McQueen
- Shooting
She's a naval officer who came close to overthrowing the government. She'd probably have learned at the start of her training, and my headcanon is that she kept up with it and was good at it.
Shannon Foraker
- Reading Detective novels (canon)
She named Moriarty after a character in a book series someone introed her to (I believe we find this out in AAC, though don't remember where).
- Hacking (canon, if you count her doing it for work)
Oops. Enough said. She's a tech nerd, after all.

For more, see my prior posts on Shannon.

Return to Honorverse