Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 148 guests

Favorite Honorverse relationships?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Honorverse relationships?
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:44 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Amaroq wrote:
roseandheather wrote:And then came the Grand Alliance, and I proceeded to swoon as I have rarely swooned before. Because dear God it is beautiful.

So I guess that with Beowulf signing on it might send you into a coma?

Oh, the GA itself caused the coma. Beowulf killed me. I'm secretly a ghost. (Who apparently retains the capability to drool...)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Amaroq   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:Oh, the GA itself caused the coma. Beowulf killed me. I'm secretly a ghost. (Who apparently retains the capability to drool...)

And matchmake?
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:56 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Amaroq wrote:
roseandheather wrote:Oh, the GA itself caused the coma. Beowulf killed me. I'm secretly a ghost. (Who apparently retains the capability to drool...)

And matchmake?

I could be blown into subatomic particles and erased from the collective memory of the universe before I lost the ability to matchmake.
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Uroboros   » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:10 am

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:
I could be blown into subatomic particles and erased from the collective memory of the universe before I lost the ability to matchmake.

No wonder why you like paranormal romance. It all makes sense now. :mrgreen:

Another favorite is Chien-lu Anderman; Herzog von Rabenstrange, and Honor's relationship. I think it was always very humerous to watch the two of them interact. I'd love to see a meeting between Chien-lu and Sarnow.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Uroboros wrote:
No wonder why you like paranormal romance. It all makes sense now. :mrgreen:

Another favorite is Chien-lu Anderman; Herzog von Rabenstrange, and Honor's relationship. I think it was always very humerous to watch the two of them interact. I'd love to see a meeting between Chien-lu and Sarnow.

Speaking of Sarnow: Honor and Sarnow! They had such a wonderful relationship before RFC packed him off to Silesia, and while I'm well aware that Silesia desperately needs Mark Sarnow, so do we!! Wouldn't it be lovely to pair him up with his old flag captain and watch the missiles fly??
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by kiddmeier   » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 am

kiddmeier
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Hmm, let's dip a toe in here...

On the "conventional" side:
The Alexander brothers - they so love to pick on one another... makes me sorry I am an only child :mrgreen:

Hamish and Tom Caparelli and how that one developed over the years - and they still have so much boyish bravado despite being almost a hundred years old :roll:

Kevin and Ginny Usher - that one is... well ... let's say the Mexicans are probably capable to do it some justice, in 150 episodes or more :D
Although there might be some unintentional consequences considering the Kleenex supply /possibly blood pressure too/ of certain people...
*determinedly,if not entirely succesfully tries not to look at roseandheather*

A slightly ... well, actually a very unconventional one, although I am surprised how our :geek:s and :ugeek:s missed it :
Shannon and computers /well any machinery, especially of the military type/ - that is a magical, mystical union of unknowable origins, unimaginable power and consequences I am afraid even to dream about. 8-). Not to mention that a simple, harmless "Oops" can bring me to uncontrollable shudders just like that.
Post by Highlander1960   » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:17 am

Highlander1960
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I'll go for the Professional relationship that is about to occur between Admirals Hemphill and Forraker...look upon it ye SLN and shudder.

Writes formal request for posting to Bolt hole.
Post by bunyipbelle   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm

bunyipbelle
Lieutenant Commander

One of my favourite relationships is the friendship between Emily,Samantha and Nimitz. Emily calls Samantha and Nimitz her "furry henchmen" and the three of them combine to stop Honor and Hamish discussing work too much at home.
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The relationship of treecats and children.
I still think RFC has something in store for the new generation of treecats living in close proximity to humans.

The hint, IMHO, was when Nimitz (I think it was Nimitz) sensed Raoul's mind glow, and passed it on to Honor after tasting.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

The day I forget how much I love Helen Zilwicki's relationship with Bernardus van Dort is the day I should have my Honorverse books taken away and be sent to the Corner of Shame.
~*~

Javier & Eloise

Return to Honorverse