Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Favorite Honorverse relationships?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Favorite Honorverse relationships?
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:33 am

roseandheather
Admiral

For those of you whose minds immediately leapt into the gutter when you saw my username - as well they should :lol: - I am not only talking about romantic relationships. There are so many wonderful platonic relationships in this 'verse too - Tom Theisman and Eloise, Eloise and Elizabeth, Honor and Tom Theisman, Pat Givens and Tom Caparelli - and those deserve celebrating too.

So, here's your free-for-all! Platonic, romantic, parent/child - it all goes. What are your favorite relationships, platonic, romantic, or otherwise, in this wide, sprawling 'verse?
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Re: Favorite Honorverse relationships?
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:22 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My favorite Honorverse relationship is one that no longer exists, but I am going to assume that they are also fair game.

Honor Harrington & Howard Clinkscales.

The relationship had a rocky start that frankly, I had my doubts about. But good, solid, long-lasting relationships often do have their start in that fashion.

Theirs was a very sweet father-daughter like relationship that's sorely missed.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for that old dinosaur.

Here's to you Howard!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Kornati-Split   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:25 am

Kornati-Split
Ensign

I'm liking Harkness and Babcock... I absolutely love the conversation that revealed that :)
And shipping Eloise and Honor :D
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor & Rafe.

I still remember the first day she called him guns.

Ah, the innocence of youth.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:38 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Favorite Romances:

Javier and Eloise. They were - and still are - the love story of the Honorverse. He is still with her, he will always be with her in every breath she takes, and though they never had the chance to have children, I think in a way the Republic itself is their child. Theirs was the truest of loves and one of the most touching love stories I have ever read.

Aivars and Sinead. That is one rock-solid marriage. And it just does lots of warm funny things to my heart. More, please!

Gwen and Helga. So cute. So adorable. So going to be canon.

Alfred and Allison. "Beauty and the Beast" made me go kersplat! for them.

Harkness and Babcock. That particular pairing deserves at least a short story detailing how it actually happened. Come on, RFC!!

Honor, Hamish, and Emily. Not as close to my heart as some of the others, but all three of them deserve to be happy, and I love reading about them together.

Favorite Platonic Relationships:

Elizabeth and Eloise. I'd spent nearly a dozen books praying for that moment - for that friendship - and to finally see it was.... I just don't have words.

Tom and Honor. Even more than the dynamic ruling women of the galaxy, this is a friendship I have needed to see realised since I first met Thomas Theisman. They are going to go so, so far with each other, there is so much ahead of them, and I almost want to cry thinking about it.

Augustus and Loretta. His relationship with her was the first thing that made me start thinking that he couldn't be as incompetent and bland as he was made out to be. No chief of staff worth her salt would argue with someone who wouldn't listen. Ever since, their relationship has just given me warm fuzzies.

Honor and Estelle. So sweet together in On Basilisk Station; I need them to meet again!!

Honor and Michelle. The epitome of deep, mutual, loving friendship. I love them together. Usually they're all light banter, but then every so often you're walloped over the head with how much these two women truly do love each other and it just grabs you right in the heart.

Tom and Eloise. They have been through so much together, have stood beside each other through thick and thin - they truly are best friends and true companions. What they have accomplished together is a miracle, and the clear warmth and respect they have for each other only makes it better. They are truly friends, the best of friends even, and something about them just warms me from the inside out.

Augustus and Estelle. They have come so far since Monica and... I am going to shut up now because everyone knows my feelings about them, don't you? :D

That's just a handful - can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!!
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:55 pm

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hmmm, so many choices! I'll post just a few so I don't just get list-y...

Bernardus and his wife. :cry: A tragic story made even more tragic by random circumstance. I guess he's my Allen Higgens-- somebody mend this poor guy's heart!

Scott MacDallan and just about everyone. I love his relationship with Fisher; they're one of my favorite bonded pairs, hands-down. I love his understated romance with Irina. And I love his friendship with Stephanie, her family and even the other teens in her group. It's very down to Ear-- er, Sphinx-- and true to life.

Tom Theisman and everyone. He and Scott have a lot in common, I think. The friendships they build with the people around them, that make them so important to the story even though they're not Main Characters, is a big part of it. Tom and Alfredo, Tom and Warner, Tom and Honor, Tom and Eloise-- his interactions are a joy to read.

Mike Henke and Elizabeth, Mike Henke and Honor-- I love how she lightens up these two. They need it!
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

NortonIDaughter wrote:Bernardus and his wife. :cry: A tragic story made even more tragic by random circumstance. I guess he's my Allen Higgens-- somebody mend this poor guy's heart!

Don't even talk to me about Bernardus and Suzanne I can't handle it that man needs to find love now.

(Honestly, I kind of ship him and Helen a little bit? Except there's Helen/Paulo and I love Helen/Paulo so much. So I also kind of ship him with Samiha Lababibi?)
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by senna   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:17 am

senna
Ensign

Zilwicki and Cachat.

no more needs to be said!!!
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:28 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

senna wrote:Zilwicki and Cachat.

Well played.
I see your Zilwicki and Cachat.

And raise you one
King Roger III and Admiral Jonas Adcock.

Post by senna   » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:28 pm

senna
Ensign

cthia wrote:
senna wrote:Zilwicki and Cachat.

Well played.
I see your Zilwicki and Cachat.

And raise you one
King Roger III and Admiral Jonas Adcock.

i'll raise. Thandi and Cachat

Return to Honorverse