Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests

Favorite Honorverse relationships?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Honorverse relationships?
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:Okay, okay, you can spank me for this later but I'm only just now getting around to reading "From the Highlands" ( :oops: ) and. Um. Anton Zilwicki and Catherine Montaigne. Hullo. Just. Wow. Yes. Okay. I'm pretty sure I could hear the sizzle between them from Pluto.

(Also I love how the instant I mention my novel(s) aren't at all sci-fi related everyone immediately forgets they exist. Go figure. :P )

I've just now placed the Highlands on deck too.

For the record, I never ignored your writings.
I was just biding my time awaiting the best time to jump your bones again...wait that didn't come out right.

Waiting for the best time to pounce on you again...wait that sounds perverted as well.

Waiting for the best time...
Aw shucks who am I kidding, there simply is no best time or correct way to ask a girl to share her most prized possession.

I was simply hoping for a sympathy...read. :oops:

Besides, I love romance novels.
I like Harlequin, remember?

And one of my favorite series is Christine Feehan's Ghostwalkers. I did mention that. It's so steamy the pages threaten to catch fire.

If you've read it you'll catch the subtleties of that reference, and if you haven't you would immensely enjoy finding out. It marries romance with the paranormal.

Sticky hot steamy stuff.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Hutch   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Uroboros wrote:Clan Butry. I wonder if we'll get to see more of the intrepid Ganny as she wanders the universe, whacking her wards into obedience and keeping them from doing anything too stupid. I thought the relationships she had with her clan were some of the best he wrote. Especially about Andrew Artlett explaining love to the younger generation. Bad poetry. We've all been there.

Well, no spoilers, but you might want to pick up a book I hear is coming out in May from Baen.... ;)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Uroboros   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hutch wrote:
Uroboros wrote:Clan Butry. I wonder if we'll get to see more of the intrepid Ganny as she wanders the universe, whacking her wards into obedience and keeping them from doing anything too stupid. I thought the relationships she had with her clan were some of the best he wrote. Especially about Andrew Artlett explaining love to the younger generation. Bad poetry. We've all been there.

Well, no spoilers, but you might want to pick up a book I hear is coming out in May from Baen.... ;)

Ahrem april it's already preordered.

I love working at a bookstore.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:Okay, okay, you can spank me for this later but I'm only just now getting around to reading "From the Highlands" ( :oops: ) and. Um. Anton Zilwicki and Catherine Montaigne. Hullo. Just. Wow. Yes. Okay. I'm pretty sure I could hear the sizzle between them from Pluto.

(Also I love how the instant I mention my novel(s) aren't at all sci-fi related everyone immediately forgets they exist. Go figure. :P )

I've just now placed the Highlands on deck too.

For the record, I never ignored your writings.
I was just biding my time awaiting the best time to jump your bones again...wait that didn't come out right.

Waiting for the best time to pounce on you again...wait that sounds perverted as well.

Waiting for the best time...
Aw shucks who am I kidding, there simply is no best time or correct way to ask a girl to share her most prized possession.

I was simply hoping for a sympathy...read. :oops:

Besides, I love romance novels.
I like Harlequin, remember?

And one of my favorite series is Christine Feehan's Ghostwalkers. I did mention that. It's so steamy the pages threaten to catch fire.

If you've read it you'll catch the subtleties of that reference, and if you haven't you would immensely enjoy finding out. It marries romance with the paranormal.

Sticky hot steamy stuff.

You can sound as perverted as you like, nobody gets a read until Harlequin actually decides to publish the damn thing. :mrgreen:

And I do love paranormal romance, though I can't say I've ever read Feehan's particular brand of the genre. C.L. Wilson and Lynn Kurland are more my style. :lol:

Now, back to business - when do we get to see Shannon and Sonja meet??
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
And I do love paranormal romance, though I can't say I've ever read Feehan's particular brand of the genre. C.L. Wilson and Lynn Kurland are more my style. :lol:

Now, back to business - when do we get to see Shannon and Sonja meet??

If you really like paranormal romance, you really should try one of Feehan's.

I'm all-in that Shannon Sonja thing.

Even Elizabeth thinks Honor and Stacey is...nice. :D

So,” the queen said, “what did your friend Stacey have to say over lunch yesterday?”
“My friend?” Admiral Lady Dame Honor Alexander-Harrington arched one eyebrow.
“I think it's a fair choice of noun.” Elizabeth's smile was more than a little tart. “Mind you, I don't think anyone would have given very high odds odds on that particular friendship's ever happening, given the way you and her father first met.”

I love Elizabeth's sense of humor.
Every since her banter with Michelle during Honor's first visit.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Elizabeth and Michelle!

Michelle and Augustus!

...Michelle and everybody.

But seriously, Michelle and Victoria Armstrong. They're just so sweet together - especially in Shadow of Freedom.
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Amaroq   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Do the relationships have to be just between people because I always liked the special relationship between Manticore and Grayson (which somehow survived through the High Ridge disaster so you know it's strong). The step-by-step building of trust and friendship over 20+ years was nicely done and always gives me a little glow.

Getting back to the people-side: Honor and Chien-lu. Can't have enough of HH charming foreigners and co-opting them into her circle.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Amaroq wrote:Do the relationships have to be just between people because I always liked the special relationship between Manticore and Grayson (which somehow survived through the High Ridge disaster so you know it's strong). The step-by-step building of trust and friendship over 20+ years was nicely done and always gives me a little glow.

Absolutely not!!

Now please excuse me while I wax eloquent over the relationship between Manticore and Haven. :mrgreen:

I love how even from the start they considered each other worthy opponents and people they could really respect. Enemies, yes, but respected enemies.

And then came the Grand Alliance, and I proceeded to swoon as I have rarely swooned before. Because dear God it is beautiful.
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Amaroq   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:And then came the Grand Alliance, and I proceeded to swoon as I have rarely swooned before. Because dear God it is beautiful.

So I guess that with Beowulf signing on it might send you into a coma?
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Helen and Abby have the most real relationship. They are unlikely friends that found each other. Their pasts have shaped their world views in very different ways but their presents have demanded very similar things of them. There is an elegant almost inverse symmetry at play between these two characters.

Helen a base horn commoner risen to aristocracy. Abby a born aristocrat who gave up her advantages to work in difficult ways her society would have spared her. Both accepted duties neither grew up appreciating.

Return to Honorverse