Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests

Favorite Honorverse relationships?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Honorverse relationships?
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:08 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Bother and Blast!

Eloise and someone from Ginger's crew buys it. Pure speculation of course, but I suspect the original crew of Fearless survives this story arc.

The next story arc needs the SEM to owe Haven BIG! Haven needs a massive amount of help to improve its economy sufficiently to help the SEM stand up to any SL rump state. They need the degree of help Grayson got, but are so much larger the price tag will be staggering. The SEM needs something equally staggeringly compelling, like the sacrifice of Eloise to save either Elizabeth or Roger.

Wartime casualties direct my attention to Wanderman and Ginger with Paolo and Helen a distant third and fourth. Not originals, but around a while. I suspect RFC would have used a different phrase to mean original crew members. Of course, that ncludes Mike Henke too. She was introduced at a similar time. I'll put her at a much lower tier. She would be more useful enforcing her House' debt of honor in the next story arc.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Bother and Blast!

Eloise and someone from Ginger's crew buys it. Pure speculation of course, but I suspect the original crew of Fearless survives this story arc.

The next story arc needs the SEM to owe Haven BIG! Haven needs a massive amount of help to improve its economy sufficiently to help the SEM stand up to any SL rump state. They need the degree of help Grayson got, but are so much larger the price tag will be staggering. The SEM needs something equally staggeringly compelling, like the sacrifice of Eloise to save either Elizabeth or Roger.

Wartime casualties direct my attention to Wanderman and Ginger with Paolo and Helen a distant third and fourth. Not originals, but around a while. I suspect RFC would have used a different phrase to mean original crew members. Of course, that ncludes Mike Henke too. She was introduced at a similar time. I'll put her at a much lower tier. She would be more useful enforcing her House' debt of honor in the next story arc.

LA DI DA DI DA I CAN'T HEEEEAAAR YOUUUUU!!!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by saber964   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm

saber964
Admiral

Being in the military is inherently dangerous even in peace time. Training accidents happen all the time. Take it from someone who is ex-navy. FYI the U.S. Army's 82nd Airborne division dose a battalion scale drop (5-600 men) on an almost daily basis and expects a 5-10% injury rate in every drop. Now most of these injuries aren't serious e.g. cuts and scrapes and sprains, to more serious injuries like broken bones and even the occasional death.

Return to Honorverse