Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

The roof and belly of a ship is naked... here's a fix.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The roof and belly of a ship is naked... here's a fix.
Post by kzt   » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:17 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
MAD-4A wrote:well that's who I meant & how does someone become one of these "BuNine"?

You get asked by the head of BuNine, who is *not* David Weber.

I understand it's a lot of work for essentially free. I think one guy at Honorcon mentioned that he'd been paid about $130 over 5 years or so. I'm not sure if that included expenses. I understand you do get access to lot of inside data on the Honorverse, but you also can't talk about it to anyone who isn't part of Bu9 or a limited set of other people who have licenses etc.

If you look at the back of House of Steel it lists who they are and what they bring to the table.
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

kzt wrote:If you look at the back of House of Steel it lists who they are and what they bring to the table.

And when you read *my* bio, you definitely won't be impressed. :mrgreen:

Especially since I no longer work for that "entertainment provider".

Even more especially since I haven't worked *anywhere* since then. :shock:

Dammit!
Post by MAD-4A   » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:26 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

MaxxQ wrote:…In my case, someone sent Tom Pope a mention of some 3D models (of the Harrington-class SD(P)) I had been doing on my own at Sci-Fi Meshes*. He took a look and thought what I was doing was good enough (even though it was mostly wrong) to invite me. That will have been six years ago on the 23rd of this month. At the time, BuNine didn't have anybody doing 3D modeling for them, or if anyone was, it was very basic…

Well that sound cool. Good to meet you and…
Jonathan_S wrote:
hope you like a little argument now and again. I’m known for it. (& I rarely get my feelings hurt. – hope you don’t) :mrgreen:

{also - off topic - I find it hard to log out - the "log out" button should be on any page so you don't have to search for it - just a suggestion - don't know where to send it if someone could pass along}
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by Dca   » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Dca
Lieutenant Commander

MAD-4A wrote: {also - off topic - I find it hard to log out - the "log out" button should be on any page so you don't have to search for it - just a suggestion - don't know where to send it if someone could pass along}

Logout buttons? We don't need no schtinkin' logout buttons!

Return to Honorverse