Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 146 guests

Favorite Honorverse Battle

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Honorverse Battle
Post by Highlander1960   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Highlander1960
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Oh and you might want to point out that Scuffles is the same age as your niece and contributes regularly.
Post by KNick   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 pm

KNick
Admiral

Highlander1960 wrote:Oh and you might want to point out that Scuffles is the same age as your niece and contributes regularly.

Sorry, Scuffles is 16. Maybe 17 by now. Anyway, a few years older. A couple of other younger members do post through their parents, which might be acceptable to his niece's mother.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by munroburton   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:48 pm

munroburton
Admiral

The battle where Bellerophon squashed a half-squadron of BCs with contemptuous ease. Young Avshari with the crappy tac scores took out Pierre's son.

Potentially the turning point for a great many events, as Pierre was finally compelled on a personal level to launch his coup, or so he claimed anyway.
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

I started reading these books when I was twelve, so I believe it. And at the time, the most recent book that'd been released was Echoes of Honor, and I recall being pretty well blown away by Cerberus myself.

In terms of my favorite battles, though, I think I'd have to go with First Hancock. Followed by Third Yeltsin. And I really enjoyed Oversteegen squashing four pirate heavy cruisers, but we didn't really see much of that bout.

I prefer the smaller engagements to the massive fleet engagements, and I prefer engagements pre-SD(P)s.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:I started reading these books when I was twelve, so I believe it. And at the time, the most recent book that'd been released was Echoes of Honor, and I recall being pretty well blown away by Cerberus myself.

In terms of my favorite battles, though, I think I'd have to go with First Hancock. Followed by Third Yeltsin. And I really enjoyed Oversteegen squashing four pirate heavy cruisers, but we didn't really see much of that bout.

I prefer the smaller engagements to the massive fleet engagements, and I prefer engagements pre-SD(P)s.

Tiberian. Gauntlet. Michael Oversteegen.

*dramatic swoon*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by namelessfly   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:33 pm

namelessfly

roseandheather wrote:
Crown Loyalist wrote:I started reading these books when I was twelve, so I believe it. And at the time, the most recent book that'd been released was Echoes of Honor, and I recall being pretty well blown away by Cerberus myself.

*dramatic swoon*

You are just evaluating literature with your ovaries again.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:53 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

namelessfly wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

*dramatic swoon*

You are just evaluating literature with your ovaries again.

Fortunately, my ovaries are excellent evaluators! :mrgreen:

(This coming from "give me all the shower scenes!" namelessfly? Pot. Kettle. Black. :lol: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Thanks for believing it. But believe me, I will certainly understand if you don't. And I understand anyone else who does not believe it. Because even the people who meet her in person don't believe it!

Actually, I dumb her down a bit. Because the truth you'd really have a time with. She is 12 years old, yet in the 8th grade.

She skipped two grades and her teachers want to skip her again. They say she is wasting her time. She's always ahead of the class by months. She gets annoyed in that she has to slow down. But the teachers comment that they do not have the lesson prepared for so far in advance sometimes. I wasn't aware of that. I thought the lesson was prepared for the entire year beforehand.

My sister doesn't know what to do. She doesn't wish to stagnate her yet it's a bit frightening for her to send her young daughter off to hang out with kids that old. Next year she'll be in high school, at 13? Even I'm terrified of that! But what do you do?

It all began when she was about 14 months old. We were at a grocery store and she picked up a box of cereal and said to me "Uncle, I really want this cereal but I know I can't have it because it has such a high sugar content."

A lady was passing by and she was like
"How old is she!?"

"Ask her I said." Her communication skills were astounding even then.

We were in that store for over an hour just entertaining people. Well she was at least.

Anyways my sister wouldn't allow her any cereal over 7 grams of sugar. Which rules out almost all of the good cereals.

Many of my friends comment that she makes them feel inadequate. And these are professionals!

The reason she wants to join the site is not so much to post. She wants to have at the simulator.

And no, she's not interested in the military as a career. She wants to be a physicist. The particle accelerator at CERN is all she talks about. She goes so far as to view it via Google Earth all the time.

My sister is seriously considering a school for the gifted.
But that poses logistical problems.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:

Thanks for believing it. But believe me, I will certainly understand if you don't. And I understand anyone else who does not believe it. Because even the people who meet her in person don't believe it!

Actually, I dumb her down a bit. Because the truth you'd really have a time with. She is 12 years old, yet in the 8th grade.

She skipped two grades and her teachers want to skip her again. They say she is wasting her time. She's always ahead of the class by months. She gets annoyed in that she has to slow down. But the teachers comment that they do not have the lesson prepared for so far in advance sometimes. I wasn't aware of that. I thought the lesson was prepared for the entire year beforehand.

My sister doesn't know what to do. She doesn't wish to stagnate her yet it's a bit frightening for her to send her young daughter off to hang out with kids that old. Next year she'll be in high school, at 13? Even I'm terrified of that! But what do you do?

It all began when she was about 14 months old. We were at a grocery store and she picked up a box of cereal and said to me "Uncle, I really want this cereal but I know I can't have it because it has such a high sugar content."

"How old is she!?"

We were in that store for over an hour just entertaining people. Well she was at least.

Anyways my sister wouldn't allow her any cereal over 7 grams of sugar. Which rules out almost all of the good cereals.

Many of my friends comment that she makes them feel inadequate. And these are professionals!

The reason she wants to join the site is not so much to post. She wants to have at the simulator.

And no, she's not interested in the military as a career. She wants to be a physicist. The particle accelerator at CERN is all she talks about. She goes so far as to view it via Google Earth all the time.

My favorite battle was Second Marsh.
Recommendation; if you can afford it higher a tutor fast.

I know something of this, I suffer from dyslexia and in high school I could teach history and geography better than the teachers and in college I corrected the professors final.
Post by namelessfly   » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

namelessfly

My children are not prodigies but they are gifted. I do not regret the 15 years of logistical difficulties that resulted from sending them to private school.

cthia wrote:

"How old is she!?"

Return to Honorverse