Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

The moments that got you

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The moments that got you
Post by kenl511   » Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

Flag in Exile
"Your Grace, Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

To Burdette:
"Send for your sword, and may God aid the right."

Something about my Swedish ancestors just responds to this...
Post by roseandheather   » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

kenl511 wrote:"Send for your sword, and may God aid the right."

Chills, I tell you. Chills every bloody time.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Reader Bob   » Tue May 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Reader Bob
Lieutenant Commander

I haven't gone through this entire post yet so I can only hope that I'm not giving an echo to someone elses. Mine isn't from the mainstream but from an anthology.
From 'The Service of the Sword' 'The Fanatic', the very end when Ginny Usher screams to everyone, "Victor Cachet is the sweetest kid in the world! And you," She was practically spitting like a cat, "You dirty rotten bastards! You were mean to him."
Hell hath no fury like a woman mildly upset :lol:
Post by roseandheather   » Tue May 20, 2014 9:43 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Reader Bob wrote:I haven't gone through this entire post yet so I can only hope that I'm not giving an echo to someone elses. Mine isn't from the mainstream but from an anthology.
From 'The Service of the Sword' 'The Fanatic', the very end when Ginny Usher screams to everyone, "Victor Cachet is the sweetest kid in the world! And you," She was practically spitting like a cat, "You dirty rotten bastards! You were mean to him."
Hell hath no fury like a woman mildly upset :lol:

Another huge moment for me comes from that same anthology:

But he and his people had already destroyed three of them, he thought grimly. If they had to, galaxy or no galaxy, they would damned well take out a fourth. Either way, there was no way he was going to abandon Refuge to the animals who had already slaughtered so many, and he had people of his own down there.

And so he'd come back anyway. Made his excruciatingly gradual alpha translation almost twenty light-minutes out, well beyond detection range from the inner system, and accelerated inward steadily. Now Gauntlet came roaring out of the dark at over fifty percent of light-speed, and every one of her surviving tubes spat missiles at the totally unsuspecting Predator.

It was over in a single salvo.

And so I fell irrevocably in love with Michael Oversteegen...
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Reader Bob   » Tue May 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Reader Bob
Lieutenant Commander

And I have another moment: When Honor tells Mike about THE STATUE in front of the steadholder's hall. I can actually see Mike's jaw hanging down to her knees as she learns what has been done to memorialize Honor after her 'death'.
Post by kenl511   » Tue May 20, 2014 9:59 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

another from FiE:

That moment on Theisman's bridge after Honor kicked the crap out of Thurston's force. Shock and horror, then Tom Theisman shows his courage. "We can still take her."
Post by roseandheather   » Wed May 21, 2014 3:07 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Allen Higgins and Grendelsbane was basically RFC punching me in the gut and laughing while I puked.

Allen Higgins and Oyster Bay was basically RFC cheerfully grinding my heart under his bootheel and serving it up with a seasoning of salt and a nice side of roast potatoes.

I JUST LOVE ALLEN HIGGINS AND WANT HIM TO BE HAPPY. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?? *hysterical crying*
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by dscott8   » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:35 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Invictus wrote:Toward the end of From the Highlands When Victor is doing his beserker charge.Officer of the Revolution! Sneer and be Damned!. I get chills, every time.

I prefer another one from that story. Helen has dug her way out of captivity, scrambled and clawed her way through an underground labyrinth, and is suddenly confronted with three rapist goons.

"I am TIRED of this shit!"

That's the moment.
Post by Fox2!   » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:35 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

dscott8 wrote:
Invictus wrote:Toward the end of From the Highlands When Victor is doing his beserker charge.Officer of the Revolution! Sneer and be Damned!. I get chills, every time.

I prefer another one from that story. Helen has dug her way out of captivity, scrambled and clawed her way through an underground labyrinth, and is suddenly confronted with three rapist goons.

"I am TIRED of this shit!"

That's the moment.

And then she kills them all without raising a sweat.

Return to Honorverse