Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 128 guests

The moments that got you

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The moments that got you
Post by saber964   » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 pm

saber964
Admiral

Two of my favorite scenes that get me are when Hipper adopts Rachel Mayhew and when Nimitz demonstrates TSL to QEIII and Ariel.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

The opening of The Shadow of Saganami, with Aivars and Sinead facing yet another separation. Theirs has to be one of the strongest relationships in the Honorverse.

...now please give me more Sinead, RFC!! ;)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Hutch   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:The opening of The Shadow of Saganami, with Aivars and Sinead facing yet another separation. Theirs has to be one of the strongest relationships in the Honorverse.

Yep, if Aivars don't get laid soon, there may be nothing left out beyond Talbott... 8-) :lol:
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Hutch wrote:
roseandheather wrote:The opening of The Shadow of Saganami, with Aivars and Sinead facing yet another separation. Theirs has to be one of the strongest relationships in the Honorverse.

Yep, if Aivars don't get laid soon, there may be nothing left out beyond Talbott... 8-) :lol:

A crude but accurate summation of my own feelings on the matter. :lol: :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:17 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

From "I Will Build my House of Steel"

Below him, the salt sands glittered bright, hard, and utterly unforgiving. He died with the sound of his wife’s scream in his ears and the sensation of a distant heart breaking.

Elizabeth descended the final three steps to the polished marble floor. Father O’Banion waited silently at the head of those steps, by the antique-looking grill whose door he had unlocked to allow her entrance. The bars of that grill looked like wrought iron, but they were actually battle steel, not that it mattered. Not now, at this moment.
She crossed the private family crypt silently, Ariel very still on her shoulder, and stopped before the carved marble plaque. It was very simple, that plaque, compared to the far more ornate one set into the cathedral floor above it:
 Roger Michael Danton Maxwell Winton
August 19, 1809–October 7, 1883 PD
Beloved husband and father, who reigned too briefly
in this city and reigns forever in our hearts.“I will build my house of steel.”

Elizabeth stood before that plaque, looking at it, thinking about the seventy T-years between her father’s first letter to the Proceedings and this moment. Thinking about her uncle, who hadn’t lived to see this day yet had known it was coming. Thinking about all the sacrifices, all the pain, all the destruction and lost lives and shattered hearts. Thinking about how many had given so much to bring her here, to this place, on this still, quiet night.
Feeling the tears break loose.
They fell into the silence like lost, broken bits of crystal, those tears, kissing that marble floor. And then, finally, she reached out and touched the words. Let her fingertips run gently, tenderly across them, and leaned forward, resting her forehead against the cool, unyielding stone while Ariel crooned lovingly in her ear.

T&R
GJS

T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Amaroq   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Yeah, Sinead is pretty awesome even though she gets about 3 seconds of screen-time. Lol.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by BobG   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:00 pm

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

Amaroq wrote:

Yeah, Sinead is pretty awesome even though she gets about 3 seconds of screen-time. Lol.

Maybe we will see her visit Spindle.
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by supersonic05   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:02 am

supersonic05
Ensign

**** spoiler****

I was listening to COG audio book in traffic today.

It got to the point where the tower was about to fall. There is talking in the mesa system boardroom and the aid breaks into the meeting. I got all nervous even though I knew what he was going to say. Then he said that there was a mass of hyper footprint. I almost jumped out of my seat saying mikey has arrived. It did take another 20 minutes for that to be confirmed.

sent from HTC One
Post by cthia   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Changer of Worlds
A stab of grief ripped through her mind glow, the subtle sorrow Branch Leaper had tasted from the first exploding to the surface. It was only for an instant, yet all who tasted it flinched before it. It was a memory singer's grief, with all the vibrant power of a memory singer's mind behind it, and in that searing instant all within the reach of her mind voice were one with her, sharing the agony of loss and bereavement as her adopted human died and the bitter knife of death slashed the delicate binding and interweaving which had made Golden Voice and her human both individuals and one being. It was as if the very sun above them had exploded, destroying all the world—not in fire, but in freezing cold and utter desolation, and Branch Leaper cowered down on all six limbs, pressing his belly to the branch beneath him as the perfect reproduction of that moment of loss and torment took him by the throat. He tasted Golden Voice's need to follow her person into darkness, the need to cling to his mind glow's glory wherever it went . . . and the desperate need to escape the dreadful emptiness his death had left in her soul and mind.

I had to put this passage briefly away. Choking.

Remember a post ago when I said Honor's tasting the extent of Hamish's love for her surely rocked her? Now that I've read this, double that sentiment.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dr. Arroway   » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 am

Dr. Arroway
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Must add one.
Andrew LaFollet during the escape from Tepes:

He ran quickly, smoothly, head turning in metronome arcs to sweep the passage ahead of him. He carried the heavy flechette gun at his hip, the sling over his shoulder to steady it, and his finger stroked the trigger in elegant, precise bursts as astonished Peeps popped up before him, attracted by the clangor of battle exploding in their very midst. He was a wizard of death, dispatching his sorcery in the lethal patterns of his flechettes, for he was fighting for his Steadholder's life and anyone who crossed his path was doomed.

LaFollet is my favourite character, I realized.
I can't wait to see who will be cast for the role (hoping the movies will get that far).

This is another reason why I'm happy that the movie will start from HotQ: the Grayson are the SOUL of the whole series to me and they can't arrive too soon.

Return to Honorverse