Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests

The moments that got you

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
The moments that got you
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

It's the job of literature to make us feel. Whether we laugh or cry, cheer or scream, the writer has done their job when they write a moment that reaches out and grips you in the heart.

RFC, obviously, is better at this than most. (Witness my temper tantrum during a particular portion of At All Costs, which ended with my paperback nearly breaking its spine against my wall.)

So, what about you? What moments in this series "got" you? Whether it was Honor coming home at last, or Thomas Theisman restoring his country, we all have one - probably more.

Have at ye, mateys.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Re: The moments that got you
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When Wonder Boy found out about what Randy Steilman did to Ginger...his emotions became my emotions...and the ensuing arse-whipping brought me to tears!

That was a Hallmark moment!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When Honor came out of hyper firing, at the final Battle of Manticore...well me eyes were just rivers flowing and I, I, I, I just heard the battle song of the cavalry!

Damn!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When Tourville erased evidence of Honor and team escaping to Hades. A moment!
Last edited by cthia on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

"Goodbye, Citizen Chairman."

The single best sentence ever written in science fiction, only barely ahead of, "Your Majesty, I think we need to talk," and "What the hell. I've always liked a good challenge."
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:42 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:When Theisman erased evidence of Honor and team escaping to Hades. A moment!

That would be Tourville, dear.

(...I might be a bit too obsessed with Haven.)

But, on that subject: "Oops."
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by ame132   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:46 pm

ame132
Midshipman

operation Thunderbolt
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
cthia wrote:When Theisman erased evidence of Honor and team escaping to Hades. A moment!

That would be Tourville, dear.

(...I might be a bit too obsessed with Haven.)

But, on that subject: "Oops."
:oops:

Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:When Wonder Boy found out about what Randy Steilman did to Ginger...his emotions became my emotions...and the ensuing arse-whipping brought me to tears!

That was a Hallmark moment!

And when Harkness was there with that big fat hand thwarting anyone else from joining in.

Thats also a one-liner moment I am sure!

Post by Taurus2   » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Taurus2
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

There are quite a few heart-pounding, "Rah get 'em!" moments in the books of course, but I think what I appreciate more are the moments of tenderness in the middle of it all. I've been moved almost to tears several times by the Honorverse - so many it's difficult for me to recall them all specifically - but there are two that I can list: the last stand of Captain Helen Zilwicki, and Honor's reunion with her parents after her escape from Hell.

Return to Honorverse