Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 76 guests

From the Highlands.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: From the Highlands.
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:Here's a question?

How did Anton adopt Berry and Lars so quickly. I mean they get rescued and a couple of days later there heading off to Manticore. With the SL's notorious paperwork, bureaucracies and petty bureaucrats it should have taken several months not to mention years to get an adoptions done.
!

Perhaps the bureaucratic tape is only red in navy related matters.

And then because it's so corrupt.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SWM   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:47 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:From The Highlands.
This is from Changer of Worlds?

Yes.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Werrf   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Werrf
Vice Admiral

How did Anton adopt Berry and Lars so quickly. I mean they get rescued and a couple of days later there heading off to Manticore. With the SL's notorious paperwork, bureaucracies and petty bureaucrats it should have taken several months not to mention years to get an adoptions done.

He probably adopted them through the Manticoran system, and they probably didn't even exist in the League's paperwork.
Post by kzt   » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:02 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Werrf wrote:He probably adopted them through the Manticoran system, and they probably didn't even exist in the League's paperwork.

Also the police had a pretty good idea about what happened, and they didn't want to officially know ANYTHING. What better way then to expedite departure?
Post by pokermind   » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:36 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
Werrf wrote:He probably adopted them through the Manticoran system, and they probably didn't even exist in the League's paperwork.

Also the police had a pretty good idea about what happened, and they didn't want to officially know ANYTHING. What better way then to expedite departure?

Mange, <Not to mention any adoption bureaucrat delaying such will have visions of Ballroom terrorists dancing on his corpse in his dreams :twisted: Then there's daddy who's scary enough hit the application with the approved stamp and he's out of your office but, use the denied stamp and you get to argue with Anton Z.>

Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by drothgery   » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:26 am

drothgery
Admiral

The SL's bureaucracy almost certainly wouldn't have anything to do with arranging an adoption on Earth; that would have been handled by the Sol system government, or perhaps a regional or local government.
Post by Hutch   » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

I would guess a combination of assistance from the police as already mentioned (his buddy Muhammed), a few medium-sized bribes (Cathy's pocket change) and simply the authorities not much caring about a couple guttersnipes...what, the neobarb Manties want a couple more useless mouths for whatever purposes they want? Well, it's no skin off of our nose.

And given that Anton can be..slightly..intimidating... :shock:
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by chrisd   » Sat May 24, 2014 11:42 am

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

Probably a variation on "It's easier to ask forgiveness rather than permission"

I would assume it went like :-
"We're leaving. Send the paperwork, but we're going. Now!"
Post by namelessfly   » Sat May 24, 2014 12:48 pm

namelessfly

What SL bureaucrat in their right mind would argue with Anton Zilwicki about adopting two street kids who technically do not exist in the aftermath of the manpower incident?

cthia wrote:

!

Perhaps the bureaucratic tape is only red in navy related matters.

And then because it's so corrupt.
Post by saber964   » Sun May 25, 2014 11:02 pm

saber964
Admiral

Hutch wrote:

I would guess a combination of assistance from the police as already mentioned (his buddy Muhammed), a few medium-sized bribes (Cathy's pocket change) and simply the authorities not much caring about a couple guttersnipes...what, the neobarb Manties want a couple more useless mouths for whatever purposes they want? Well, it's no skin off of our nose.

And given that Anton can be..slightly..intimidating... :shock:

Yes to the above and then you could also add a few individuals with the last name 'X' having a discussion or two with a few bureaucrats.

Return to Honorverse