Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 117 guests

Cupid

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cupid
Post by runsforcelery   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

dreamrider wrote:BTW, I always pictured Ms Christian more as either Sonja Hemphil or Thedosia Kusak.

dreamrider

I've been working on Hell's Foundations and it does not look (alas) as if I am going to be attending early service later today after all, since I've now been up for about 21 hours straight.

Actually, you've hit upon one of the people I really think Claudia could do well: Theodosia. I also think she could have fun playing Cathy Montaigne (who is, like Elizabeth, somewhat older than Honor). For that matter, as a nod to RoseandHeather, we could always think about her for Estelle Matusko, yes . . . ? :twisted:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:06 am

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
dreamrider wrote:BTW, I always pictured Ms Christian more as either Sonja Hemphil or Thedosia Kusak.

dreamrider

I've been working on Hell's Foundations and it does not look (alas) as if I am going to be attending early service later today after all, since I've now been up for about 21 hours straight.

Actually, you've hit upon one of the people I really think Claudia could do well: Theodosia. I also think she could have fun playing Cathy Montaigne (who is, like Elizabeth, somewhat older than Honor). For that matter, as a nod to RoseandHeather, we could always think about her for Estelle Matusko, yes . . . ? :twisted:

:o :shock: ...never mind the senseless, drooling body in the corner, it's just me in total, lust-induced heart failure.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Tell your sis to get it microchipped. Foolproof identification. :D

Now, back to business. By which I mean hooking up Allen Higgins. Allen + Leslie: yes or no?

Leslie Montreau, or Leslie Yestremensky? :D

:roll: Which one do you think, Stinker?? :lol:

And yes, microchipping is amazing. I advocate it to anyone with any pet, ever. It's quite literally a lifesaver.

Loftily raising nose into air...
Well I don't know because there is also Leslie Myerson--a Manticoran citizen and a petty officer of the Royal Manticoran Navy.

Holding the rank of Chief Petty Officer, she served as a helmswoman aboard the yard tug HMS Quay, assigned to the space station HMSS Vulcan. :lol:

To my corner? :cry:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Besides, Leslie Yestremensky or Leslie Myers will do just fine as a warm-up date for Allen. He's sure to be rusty you know...clumsily bumping noses while kissing.
Speaking of kisses, his are probably a bit too wet and messy...nothing that girls hate more...other than the desperate, anxious, choke me with your tongue 'cause this is the first kiss I've had in a prolong eon! :lol:

I didn't forego the traditional in favor of the online Cupid University! :o
By the way, that school is not accredited! :D

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Besides, Leslie Yestremensky or Leslie Myers will do just fine as a warm-up date for Allen. He's sure to be rusty you know...clumsily bumping noses while kissing.
Speaking of kisses, his are probably a bit too wet and messy...nothing that girls hate more...other than the desperate, anxious, choke me with your tongue 'cause this is the first kiss I've had in a prolong eon! :lol:

...It probably says something about my feelings for Allen Higgins that I 1) do not care and 2) for some reason find that prospect oddly attractive.

But given that I can't get dropped into the Honorverse and snog the man myself, it looks like the Leslies will have to take care of it for me... :( :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
cthia wrote:Besides, Leslie Yestremensky or Leslie Myers will do just fine as a warm-up date for Allen. He's sure to be rusty you know...clumsily bumping noses while kissing.

...It probably says something about my feelings for Allen Higgins that I 1) do not care and 2) for some reason find that prospect oddly attractive.

But given that I can't get dropped into the Honorverse and snog the man myself, it looks like the Leslies will have to take care of it for me... :( :mrgreen:

:lol: I am certain rose that you somehow got nicked by one of your own arrows. :lol:

You are using the newer issue arrows, with accompanying directions on the shaft to not remove protective caps until intended use?

Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Warning!
As a senior Cupid, I reserve the right to change my attitude concerning certain pairings after the movie release.

If certain things transpire like Claudia Christain waking up one day as Theodosia Kuzak, she's going to be much too beautiful for just any Tom and Harry Dick err Dick and Harry! :oops:

Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

:lol: I am certain rose that you somehow got nicked by one of your own arrows. :lol:

You are using the newer issue arrows, with accompanying directions on the shaft to not remove protective caps until intended use?

Oh believe you me, no Cupid's arrow was required to ensure I lost my heart to Allen Higgins. He took care of that just fine on his own. :lol:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by dreamrider   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:26 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

roseandheather wrote: :o :shock: ...never mind the senseless, drooling body in the corner, it's just me in total, lust-induced heart failure.

Was this because of the casting opinions that RFC expressed, or just because the celery sprinter joined your thread? :D

Actually, it IS very, very rare, and even more rare when the thread is not some esoteric naval historical debate. Feel honored (npi), not shocked.

dreamrider
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:38 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

dreamrider wrote:
roseandheather wrote: :o :shock: ...never mind the senseless, drooling body in the corner, it's just me in total, lust-induced heart failure.

Was this because of the casting opinions that RFC expressed, or just because the celery sprinter joined your thread? :D

Actually, it IS very, very rare, and even more rare when the thread is not some esoteric naval historical debate. Feel honored (npi), not shocked.

dreamrider

No, that was the casting. :lol:

Though it's also a fairly accurate depiction of my reaction the first time (and second... and third, actually!) His Celeryness took notice of me. I think I fainted the first time he replied to one of my posts. :lol:

(....though the "lust-induced" only applies to the casting. His Celeryness tends to evoke hero worship instead. :P )
~*~

Javier & Eloise

Return to Honorverse