Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 75 guests

Cupid

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cupid
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:04 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:I probably won't reveal my deepest, truest hopes for romance in the upcoming books, but why not - I'll throw out a few I'm not too invested in.

Michael Oversteegen ----> Michelle Henke

Lester Tourville ----> Andrea Jaruwalski

Jacob Zavala ----> Naomi Kaplan

Oliver Diamato ----> Molly DeLaney

Tom Caparelli ----> Patricia Givens

Augustus Khumalo ----> Sonja Hemphill

(Do note that any and all characters named above might also be part of a pairing I desperately want to happen.)

Oh my, Cupid...you've been a busy little bee.
Woman thou art loosed!

Question. Are not Oversteegen and Henke related?

roseandheather wrote:I'm a girl. Of course I've been a busy little bee figuring out who would go well with whom. :D

They are, but in a "we're fourth cousins" sort of way. Michael's probably a descendant of a younger Winton sibling some three or four generations back.

(I admit, it's more a random pairing than anything else, but I would be very entertained if Augustus and Sonja ended up together. My, but that would be an interesting relationship... :lol:)

cthia wrote:Won't reveal?
So you were simply a tease all along?!

So as not to break any social promises, can we at least play charades and you let it slip that way? :lol:

roseandheather wrote:Well, if you want to play that guessing game, feel free! Once I've got that pesky thing called sleep out of the way, I'll tell you how wrong you are. ;) :D (Frankly, one of them is blatantly obvious from all the posts I've made, but only if you know exactly

Let me see...is it a possible violation of ...
Articles of War?!

Last edited by cthia on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

So that would be (imho) the Zavala-Kaplan pairing ... by the way, that's one of the suggestions I think will be unlikely to happen. For Kaplan you need someone with experience in the taming of a tigress - and I don't think Zavala can do that and would be able to survive the experience ;). The only man I can think of right now would be Victor Cachat - but only after Thandi's ... demission from the living ones - and a suitable resting/mourning time ;).
Post by Hutch   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:Gwen Archer ---> Helga Boltitz.

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

I think that one's a given. Only thing now is the timing of the proposal.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Hutch   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:I probably won't reveal my deepest, truest hopes for romance in the upcoming books, but why not - I'll throw out a few I'm not too invested in.

Michael Oversteegen ----> Michelle Henke

Related (distantly) and in same command structure. More like a brother-sister relationship, IMHO

Lester Tourville ----> Andrea Jaruwalski

Ooh. Lester will be seeing Honor a lot in her time as Grand Fleet Admiral so he'll be in contact with Jaruwalski a lot....Hmmmmmmm.

Jacob Zavala ----> Naomi Kaplan

Again, in the same command structure and I just don't see the sparks here....

Oliver Diamato ----> Molly DeLaney

Well, they would know each other, and I guess you could argue they are in differnet command organizations, but...

I've always figured Oliver would head the Havenite task force to assist Mike Henke in Talbott, and him and Mike....

Tom Caparelli ----> Patricia Givens
That they are as close as two people can be, what with spendings a decade or more fighitng a war together, but I never got the 'feel' that there was anything like romance there.

Augustus Khumalo ----> Sonja Hemphill
Problem here is that they will be hundreds of light years apart (Khumalo in Talbott/Hemphill in Bolthole)for the forseeable future, so not much time/chance for the hormones to act.

For me, I've always wanted to see Thomas Thiesman with Mercedes Bingham--they just seemed to fit together so well IMHO. And now that Tom is working so close with Honor (and her staff), it is at least feasible.

We shall see.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by namelessfly   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am

namelessfly

Only if I get to watch.

roseandheather wrote:
cthia wrote:Please don't tell my sister about this.
Pleaaaaaaase.

"You are always playing matchmaker!," says me sister.

"Well it's obvious that Cupid's on vacation sis."

You are on the schedule to work next shift.

Draw Back Your Bow & Let Your Arrow Flow.

Thomas Theisman ----> Shannon Foraker.

But.... but...... Sonja Hemphill ----> Shannon Foraker!
Post by namelessfly   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:00 pm

namelessfly

Abigail Hearnes with her the bodyguard her father appointed to her, Mateo.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Haha! No, the pairing I want to happen most is not in violation of the Articles of War. In fact, only one member is even military. And the evidence of it is scattered everywhere... if you know where to look. :lol:

And remember, the ones I threw out are pairings I'm not particularly invested in.... though I admit, I am now quite intrigued by Andrea/Lester!

Though I suppose you all know by now that I really, really do want Sonja/Shannon to happen. :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

namelessfly wrote:Abigail Hearnes with her the bodyguard her father appointed to her, Mateo.

Good! Your a senior level cupid aren't you?

I can't see Abigail with a Manticoran but that would probably make for better press!

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:15 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
namelessfly wrote:Abigail Hearnes with her the bodyguard her father appointed to her, Mateo.

Good! Your a senior level cupid aren't you?

I can't see Abigail with a Manticoran but that would probably make for better press!

*barely refrains from spitting out tea* Oh, my. Then you'd be really surprised by who I want her with. :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Cupid Administration has warned me because...

I shot three arrows at...

Honor Harrington <<<--->>> Stacy Hauptman!

It's already happening behind closed doors.
They are so compatible and so much alike.

-cthia

Return to Honorverse