Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 137 guests

Cupid

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cupid
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:39 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:
jchilds wrote: Also, you should all be totally and utterly ashamed of yourselves. You've completely ignored Mac! :shock:

I've always lumped MacGuiness in as part of "Honor's Harem", since if you think about it, all the men that have been closest to her (Alistar, Andreas, Rafe, Fritz, Scotty, Andrew, and of course Mac) have either not been married or if they have, it has never been mentioned in the storyline.

I've always thought they simply couldn't find a woman that measured up to Honor to fall in love with....IMHO.

The Mighty Mjolnir you have wielded well and the round nail has been stricken squarely on its' head.

Mac and any of the men in Honor's inner circle are already married...perhaps not to Honor in the traditional sense but in their commitment and dedication to her.

Honor is a tough act for any woman to follow.

She tried to get Mac to lead a normal life. She craves that for him. He refused. He feels responsible for his charge.

Who can do Honor better than Mac.

But if Mac were to take a wife...
I'd like to see what he and Mistress Thorn could cook up together.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Werrf   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Werrf
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:Mac and any of the men in Honor's inner circle are already married...perhaps not to Honor in the traditional sense but in their commitment and dedication to her.

I'll give you Mac, but I dunno...I always felt The Guys were more married to their careers than anything else, and didn't want to put themselves in the position of widowing whoever they married right away. Had the war ended properly, they may well have settled down, but of course it never did.

The other one who I think was really married to Honor in that way was Miranda LaFollet. I just wish I could've seen her interacting with Emily a bit more...
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:17 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Am I the only one that sees Indiana Graham and Abigail Hearns? Those two appear to be headed together and Indiana is getting waaaayyyy to much quality story-time for a disposable character. I see the deft hand of RFC weaving these two lives together in quirky and wonderous ways.
Post by Lazalarlives   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Lazalarlives
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Um, guys.
I think you are all over the place with Abigail. You've forgotten somebody.

First name Prescott.

His partner in crime got nabbed by a Marine; I forsee a sideline battle featuring a division of cruisers and a couple destroyers - say the Alistair McKeon's division and the Tristam's.

Hmm?
Post by Werrf   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Werrf
Vice Admiral

Lazalarlives wrote:Um, guys.
I think you are all over the place with Abigail. You've forgotten somebody.

First name Prescott.

More to the point, we're all forgetting her canonical relationship:
Abigail/Showerhead
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:56 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

You are all talking positive piffle. It's going to be Hearns and Oversteegen, mark my words. Why, it's Honor and Hamish all over again! From the young prodigy of a mentee to falling in love... I'm telling you, it's meant to be! :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Lazalarlives   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Lazalarlives

I think Michael Oversteegen has a different arc. Similar, but different.

A Commander with her first command, well known for her work for one Aivars Terekov.

I think Naomi is the kitty-cat to catch the aloof nobleman, myself.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Lazalarlives wrote:I think Michael Oversteegen has a different arc. Similar, but different.

A Commander with her first command, well known for her work for one Aivars Terekov.

I was going to write this off because she'd obviously swallow him whole and cough him back up again, but... that man has a spine of steel under that languorous accent and affable, 'nothing ever makes me lose control' attitude, and you have a point. Michael Oversteegen might just be able to tame the wildcat, at that...
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Lazalarlives   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Lazalarlives

Lazalarlives wrote:
I think Michael Oversteegen has a different arc. Similar, but different.

I was going to write this off because she'd obviously swallow him whole and cough him back up again, but... that man has a spine of steel under that languorous accent and affable, 'nothing ever makes me lose control' attitude, and you have a point. Michael Oversteegen might just be able to tame the wildcat, at that...

And can you imagine anyone else who could piss off his oh-so-proper CA family members?

And while we're on the subject of pairings that are so outrageous they should work, I don't agree with Theisman-Pritchart.
I'm more of the Jacques Benton-Ramirez y Chou and Eloise Pritchart. Something to cement the relationship, say....
Post by Lazalarlives   » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Lazalarlives

Oh, god, I almost forgot the biggest pairing that is out there, nebulous, and would be a great thing for the individuals, the Empire, and the Quadrant.

Mike Henke and our favorite gentleman bandit from Montana, Stephen Westman.

Just sayin'

Return to Honorverse