Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Theemile and 70 guests

Cupid

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cupid
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You're such a tease rose.
Do tell us whom you'd like with Abigail...other than...well...me!

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:22 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:You're such a tease rose.
Do tell us whom you'd like with Abigail...other than...well...me!

Well, he's Manticoran, for one. Talks with an interesting accent. Conservative as a Grayson in some ways.... :lol:

And no, Abigail/mystery person isn't the "one is non-military" pairing I referenced earlier. :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:

Well, he's Manticoran, for one. Talks with an interesting accent. Conservative as a Grayson in some ways.... :lol:

And no, Abigail/mystery person isn't the "one is non-military" pairing I referenced earlier. :D

Abigail & Terekhov?

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:36 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Abigail & Terekhov?

Haha, good guess, but nope. (Plus, I would never split up Aivars and Sinead. Because they. are. adorable.)

"Interesting accent" is probably the most important clue...
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

roseandheather wrote:
Haha, good guess, but nope. (Plus, I would never split up Aivars and Sinead. Because they. are. adorable.)

Abigail and Oversteegen?

You're out of your mind. :lol:
Post by Werrf   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Werrf
Vice Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Abigail and Oversteegen?

Sanity is wildly overrated.

I dunno, somehow Oversteegen has never really gelled with me the way the rest of the main cast has. He's always seemed the outsider, pushed in where other established characters would've worked. Just me, I suppose.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:56 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:
roseandheather wrote:

Abigail and Oversteegen?

You're out of your mind.

Yes, that was approximately the reaction I'd expected to get. :lol:

But am I, though? Am I, really? Not now, obviously, not where we are right now in the timeline, but sometime in the future? When Abigail's back in the GSN? Oh, yes.

They are compatible in so many ways. Oversteegen profoundly respects Graysons, for one thing. And they're both essentially conservative souls, for another. Abigail might be a bit of a rule-breaker, but she is still an aristocrat, and in many ways a traditional Grayson girl. They'd understand each other, I mean really understand each other - they have so much in common, from their dedication to their service to that innate sense of self that comes from being an aristocrat. Oh, yes... I could very much see something of that sort evolving between them. :D
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

Werrf wrote:I dunno, somehow Oversteegen has never really gelled with me the way the rest of the main cast has. He's always seemed the outsider, pushed in where other established characters would've worked. Just me, I suppose.

I think we haven't really seen enough of him. He's always been a secondary character, even in stories where he's had a large role. And his written accent always throws me just a bit.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:59 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Werrf wrote:
Crown Loyalist wrote:
Abigail and Oversteegen?

Sanity is wildly overrated.

I dunno, somehow Oversteegen has never really gelled with me the way the rest of the main cast has. He's always seemed the outsider, pushed in where other established characters would've worked. Just me, I suppose.

I freakin' love Michael Oversteegen. Just love him to pieces. In fact, he was my favorite male Manticoran before I fell flat on my face for Augustus Khumalo. I love his sense of humor, I love the way he can shred someone without ever raising his voice, I love his honor and his conservatism and his total badassery and the way he just completely overrode his asshole cousin in Crown of Slaves.

BUT... I also think he's the kind of character who doesn't necessarily click for everyone, but when he does, it is in a big way. As I can attest. :)
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:03 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather,

I say again. Simply incurable!

Michelle Henke and one or more members of her...harem?

-cthia

Return to Honorverse