Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 128 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:07 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

You know what I want to know?

If the James Higgins of the heavy cruiser HMS Fearless (from HotQ) is in any way at all related to my darling.

...I mean Admiral Allen Higgins.

:mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Hutch   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

OK, I don't think this has been mentioned yet, and to some extent it probably belongs in another thread as it is looking forward...but I'm lazy and this thread is in front of me... 8-)

Do you think we'll see Honor convert to the Church of Humanity Unchained? We know she deeply respects in and it's teachings and knows it is part and parcel of the Grayson way of life, and her Manticore church doesn't seem to be a big part of her life.....

So do you think we'll see her take that step (whatever that step is) to finally move out of the Visitor's portion of Harrington Cathedral?
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by crewdude48   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:55 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Hutch wrote:So do you think we'll see her take that step (whatever that step is) to finally move out of the Visitor's portion of Harrington Cathedral?

No
Post by Hutch   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:
Hutch wrote:So do you think we'll see her take that step (whatever that step is) to finally move out of the Visitor's portion of Harrington Cathedral?

No

Y'all care to expand on that thought a bit, there, crewdude?

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by crewdude48   » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:21 am

crewdude48
Commodore

Hutch wrote:Y'all care to expand on that thought a bit, there, crewdude?

I may expand more in the morning, but if you think that her personal church is unimportant to her, in my opinion you have misread her character. Just because she doesn't talk about it much does not mean that it is not a large part of her identity.
Post by cthia   » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:
OK, I don't think this has been mentioned yet, and to some extent it probably belongs in another thread as it is looking forward...but I'm lazy and this thread is in front of me... 8-)

Do you think we'll see Honor convert to the Church of Humanity Unchained? We know she deeply respects in and it's teachings and knows it is part and parcel of the Grayson way of life, and her Manticore church doesn't seem to be a big part of her life.....

So do you think we'll see her take that step (whatever that step is) to finally move out of the Visitor's portion of Harrington Cathedral?

Indeed I do.

Whereas I agree that Honor's personal church is important to her, that fact alone makes it more likely that she shall take on the honor (npi) of the Church of Humanity Unchained.

Honor is not just several titular entities occupying the same body, she is also two intrinsic entities — Manticoran and Grayson; she is ever becoming more and more Grayson. Because of who Honor is — someone who doesn't take her responsibilities lightly and cannot resist the higher calling of duty — Grayson's religion and culture has always been of extreme interest and importance to her. She knew the book of the New Way so well that she could verbally spar and win against a jumped up zealot like Solomon Marchant. Honor has come to know Grayson's religion well, and a Tester's appeal is unavoidable to someone who comes to know it so intimately.

And she has so many reasons to convert. Her son is an heir on Grayson and I think it could make it socially easier for Honor and her son. Not to mention it would be one less thing the Keys could scoff about.

Remember when she "adopted" her fallen armsman's family, and was even able to spontaneously quote, without prompting, the relevant passage? Honor is as much Grayson as Manticoran, but ... her Grayson homeworld is much more serious and responsible in its Christain beliefs. Honor isn't capable of resisting that kind of higher responsiblilty.

She'll take that step for certain, and Howard Clinkscales and Julius Hanks will be represented by a single tear in either eye ... or it just wouldn't be the Honor I know.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A Short Victorious War

Invincible's the current holder of the Queen's Cup, and she's almost as proud of her ship as you are of Nike. No doubt she'll enjoy showing you what kind of gunnery I'll expect my flagship to match.

Remember not too many posts ago I brought up a sort of "What's In A Name" of ship names and I wondered how Mermaid could be a ship name? Well, this is what I mean. It seems fitting that Invincible would have the Queens Cup. I mean ... little wonder.

A bigger wonder would be who holds the Cup now? I wonder what the list reads like — a virtual 'who's who' of sharp shooters.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Amaroq   » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Do we know what Colonel Nesbitt has been up to? Is he still a Mesan agent? How much does his brother know? I remember when Honor goes to Haven she sensed that Tony Nesbitt has a strange reaction to her and I wondered if maybe he had some knowledge of what his brother did.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by Frankjg   » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:16 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

George J. Smith wrote:As the topic title suggests.

1. Who is Charles and who does he really work for?

T&R
GJS

I second that. And how does he know Honor? Have they meet and How and When?
Post by Hutch   » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Frankjg wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:As the topic title suggests.

1. Who is Charles and who does he really work for?

T&R
GJS

I second that. And how does he know Honor? Have they meet and How and When?

Well, Charles has been known to....skirt the truth on occasion.... :twisted:

But yes, a resolution to this question is required for all loose-end tie-up fanactics (*raises hand*).

We shall see, eventually.

Return to Honorverse