Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

cthia wrote:Does textev state what type of ship "Haven One" is? Is she armored or just made to haul shitty ass if it hits the fan?

What is Elizabeth's ship name, armament and type?

Elizabeth's starship is the BC(P) HMS Duke of Cromarty and the details can be found here.

Haven One is the designation of whatever starship is carrying the President of the Republic of Haven, similar to how whichever aircraft is carrying the American President is Air Force One.

Hope this helps.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
cthia wrote:Does textev state what type of ship "Haven One" is? Is she armored or just made to haul shitty ass if it hits the fan?

What is Elizabeth's ship name, armament and type?

Elizabeth's starship is the BC(P) HMS Duke of Cromarty and the details can be found here.

Haven One is the designation of whatever starship is carrying the President of the Republic of Haven, similar to how whichever aircraft is carrying the American President is Air Force One.

Hope this helps.

It certainly does help. Thanks Michael. It is what my niece Tierney suggested. An "I told you so, is coming.

Thanks again.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Hutch   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:As the topic title suggests.

1. Who is Charles and who does he really work for?

T&R
GJS

I see this got passed on by most posters, but I'm always ready to pad my posting tota....I mean, respond to interesting and earnest questions. 8-) :D

Well, since Timothy Zahn wrote the short stories featuring Charles and he will be at Honorcon, we can put the question to him and see if he'll throw us a clue--or even write a third and final short story in that saga.

As for me personally, I think this is how James McGuiness spends his summer vacations.... :shock: 8-)

Seriously, I think we'll find out the mysterious Charles is someone we already know and never suspected.

I also think I could be completely wrong.

We shall see someday...I hope.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Roguevictory   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

I would love a short story showing some of the after dinner wargames/sim sessions from Honor's dinners that were mentioned in Ashes of Victory.

Also one following a character, perhaps Honor, or maybe Abby
through the Crusher. We've heard so much about the Crusher but never actually seen anyone going through it.

They could even combine the ideas. Follow Abby through a few of her after dinner sessions then follow her through the Crusher.
Post by Amaroq   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

I found a site that presents a read-through of the HH books with pretty interesting political and technical commentary throughout.

It's broken up into three (for now) forums:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158873

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=160325

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161273

It's called Bits of Analysis: Honor Harrington I, II, and III.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Is there another naval officer other than Honor that doesn't regenerate?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 am

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Is there another naval officer other than Honor that doesn't regenerate?

Textev says about 30% of the Manticoran population don't regen, so presumably there's at least one other officer in the RMN who doesn't. If you're asking whether or not we've met one, however, the answer is 'not that I can remember'.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Amaroq   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
cthia wrote:Is there another naval officer other than Honor that doesn't regenerate?

Textev says about 30% of the Manticoran population don't regen, so presumably there's at least one other officer in the RMN who doesn't. If you're asking whether or not we've met one, however, the answer is 'not that I can remember'.

True, we don't hear about anyone else who can't. There have been two major-ish characters that we know can and were injured badly enough during the course of the series to make use of it: Sarnow and Terekhov.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by Vince   » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:Textev says about 30% of the Manticoran population don't regen, so presumably there's at least one other officer in the RMN who doesn't. If you're asking whether or not we've met one, however, the answer is 'not that I can remember'.
Amaroq wrote:True, we don't hear about anyone else who can't. There have been two major-ish characters that we know can and were injured badly enough during the course of the series to make use of it: Sarnow and Terekhov.

Also, Admiral Caparelli, before he was an admiral. Honor's father was his physician at that time and was able to reduce the amount of regeneration he had to undergo.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:

I don't think it's a mater of remembering, it's more that we know the regen compatibility of so few people because it rarely becomes relevant. Pretty much any of the known characters theoretically might have an issue with regen listed in their secret character bible entry.

So we probably have met some character with regen issues that we simply don't know about yet because there hasn't been any reason for it to be mentioned/seen "on screen".

Though I guess if RFC wanted to be a bit nasty and to hark back to his wargaming background he could just leave it to luck the first time any named character is seriously injured. (Obviously unless he had a plot reason to force the status for them)

Roll a die, get a 1 or 2 and we "discover" that character needs prosthetics, roll higher and into the regen tank they go. :D

Return to Honorverse