Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd read the first draft of that novel!

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Ramifications of a marriage between someone in The Keys with someone in the House Of Lords!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by munroburton   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:58 am

munroburton
Admiral

cthia wrote:Ramifications of a marriage between someone in The Keys with someone in the House Of Lords!

You mean, like Steadholder Harrington and Earl White Haven? ;)
Post by pokermind   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Steadholder Honor Harrington is too special a case to show any ramifications. as would Steadholder Whocares and Duchess Anybody ;)

munroburton wrote:
cthia wrote:Ramifications of a marriage between someone in The Keys with someone in the House Of Lords!

You mean, like Steadholder Harrington and Earl White Haven? ;)
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by John Prigent   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:46 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I'd just like to know whether RFC will finish the Honorverse and Bahzelverse series before I die. I've probably only got a maximum of 30 years left - unless prolong becomes real and works on the over-70s. I may have to tell the Grim Reaper to 'go away, I'm busy reading'.
Cheers
John
Post by Werrf   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:20 am

Werrf
Vice Admiral

NortonIDaughter wrote:What happened to Tom's mother

She became a sergeant in the Peoples marines, and was one of the soldiers who was with Tom when he stormed St Just's office.

He never knew that, of course...but she did.
Post by Brigade XO   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:38 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

It is going to take a while for any of the Steadholders daughters to inherit a Steadhold. At the very least there would need to be a Steadhold with no male heir in the succession since the laws changed on Grayson that would permit a daughter to become Steadholder. Possibly 50 years or more.
Post by Hutch   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:41 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Werrf wrote:
NortonIDaughter wrote:What happened to Tom's mother

She became a sergeant in the Peoples marines, and was one of the soldiers who was with Tom when he stormed St Just's office.

He never knew that, of course...but she did.

Careful, you came close to revealing The WebSite That Must Not Be Named..... ;) ;) ;)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by kzt   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:56 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

John Prigent wrote:I'd just like to know whether RFC will finish the Honorverse and Bahzelverse series before I die. I've probably only got a maximum of 30 years left - unless prolong becomes real and works on the over-70s.

I suspect that's more than David has.
Post by SWM   » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:06 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Brigade XO wrote:

It is going to take a while for any of the Steadholders daughters to inherit a Steadhold. At the very least there would need to be a Steadhold with no male heir in the succession since the laws changed on Grayson that would permit a daughter to become Steadholder. Possibly 50 years or more.

Why would it take so long for such a marriage? There are plenty of female members of the House of Lords.

And in any case, as someone else has pointed out, Steadholder Harrington is married to Earl White Haven.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse