Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

GabrialSagan wrote:I would love to see a story about Jason's arrival, Roger Winton's reaction to the presence of the frigates around Manticore and the revelation of The Final War and the terrible toll it took on Earth's inhabitants.

I'd actually like a novel encompassing the final war on Terra.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by CDRE Arghun   » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:10 am

CDRE Arghun
Midshipman

As I said in another thread I would like to see novels about

Edward Saganami
Ellen D'Ourville
Quentin Saint-James

Plus stories about each ship added to the List of Honor (OK we have some of that in Monica, and we have SOME of that with Edward Saganami, but only some)

And would someone invent Prolong already? I am tired of 2016 looking like it was written by GRRM ...
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Has Jesus Ramirez reunited with his son onscreen yet? I don't recall. I'd like that POV, especially if I've missed it.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:45 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:Has Jesus Ramirez reunited with his son onscreen yet? I don't recall. I'd like that POV, especially if I've missed it.

No, but the meeting would probably give a whole new definition of "bone crushing bear hug" and a lot of unashamed blubbering.
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:Has Jesus Ramirez reunited with his son onscreen yet? I don't recall. I'd like that POV, especially if I've missed it.

No, but the meeting would probably give a whole new definition of "bone crushing bear hug" and a lot of unashamed blubbering.

As well as crushing the myth that real men don't cry. Which bails me out of salty tears up to my eyelids.

Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:

cthia wrote:As well as crushing the myth that real men don't cry. Which bails me out of salty tears up to my eyelids.

And as some of the recent reads seem to incorporate filler - so says the unprofessional critic in me - it seems RFC would have included a paragraph or three by now.

Honorverse scientists can study tectonic plate movement when the two meet, earthquakes, seismic anomalies, fault lines.

I'd just like to slip a fair amount of carbon between the two when they hug.

Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shadow of Saganami
"That's ridiculous!" the commissioner snapped. "We're the Office of Frontier Security, and they're a jumped-up, Johnny-come-lately, neobarb 'kingdom' with delusions of grandeur! Hell, Old Sol alone has three or four times the population of their entire fucking 'star kingdom.' It's like a toenail threatening the entire rest of the body!"

What???

I find this shocking. I know that the League proper dwarfs anything anywhere else. But Old Sol alone has four times the population of the Star Kingdom??? What planets are settled in the Sol system? Manticore isn't a particularly new settlement itself, compared to some out in the Verge.

What am I overlooking?

Post by munroburton   » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:34 pm

munroburton
Admiral

cthia wrote:Shadow of Saganami
"That's ridiculous!" the commissioner snapped. "We're the Office of Frontier Security, and they're a jumped-up, Johnny-come-lately, neobarb 'kingdom' with delusions of grandeur! Hell, Old Sol alone has three or four times the population of their entire fucking 'star kingdom.' It's like a toenail threatening the entire rest of the body!"

What???

I find this shocking. I know that the League proper dwarfs anything anywhere else. But Old Sol alone has four times the population of the Star Kingdom??? What planets are settled in the Sol system? Manticore isn't a particularly new settlement itself, compared to some out in the Verge.

What am I overlooking?

Manticore before San Martin's addition(never mind Silesia or Talbott) had about 3 to 4 billion. So Sol system would have approximately 12-16 billion. These include space habitats, settlements on the Moon, Mars and possibly other planets' moons as well as Earth itself.
Post by saber964   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:06 pm

saber964
Admiral

munroburton"[quote="cthia wrote:Shadow of Saganami

What???

What am I overlooking?/quote]

Manticore before San Martin's addition(never mind Silesia or Talbott) had about 3 to 4 billion. So Sol system would have approximately 12-16 billion. These include space habitats, settlements on the Moon, Mars and possibly other planets' moons as well as Earth itself.

Population of Manticore system as of 1920 PD;
Manticore 1.5 billion
Sphinx 1.2 billion + 12 million treecats
Gryphon 600 million + 300 million belters

Total Manticore system population 3.6 billion + 12 million treecats
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I've only read David Weber's Honorverse novels, but I'd like to know which is his most dangerous female character.

Return to Honorverse