Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:You may have forgotten that both Klaus and Honor have controlling interest in their respective companies. Klaus owns 65% of the Hauptman Cartel and Honor controls 50% of Skydomes.

Can anyone remember exactly how the other 50 % of Skydomes is allocated?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:You may have forgotten that both Klaus and Honor have controlling interest in their respective companies. Klaus owns 65% of the Hauptman Cartel and Honor controls 50% of Skydomes.

Can anyone remember exactly how the other 50 % of Skydomes is allocated?
Looks like Sky Domes was at least originally split up as follows:
Field of Dishonor: Ch 18 wrote:I want you to draw up a permit for a privately held corporation called, um, Grayson Sky Domes, Ltd. Mr. Gerrick will go on salary as chief engineer and development officer, with a suitable salary and a thirty percent interest. I'll be chairman of the board, and you'll be our CEO, with another twenty percent interest. My agent on Manticore will be our chief financial officer, and I'll have him cut a check immediately for a few million austins for start-up costs.
But I don't know if they ever opened it up to other investors, if any of those 3 ever sold off any of their shares, nor how Adam Gerrick's will distributed his shares after his death in FiE.
Post by munroburton   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:06 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:Looks like Sky Domes was at least originally split up as follows:
Field of Dishonor: Ch 18 wrote:I want you to draw up a permit for a privately held corporation called, um, Grayson Sky Domes, Ltd. Mr. Gerrick will go on salary as chief engineer and development officer, with a suitable salary and a thirty percent interest. I'll be chairman of the board, and you'll be our CEO, with another twenty percent interest. My agent on Manticore will be our chief financial officer, and I'll have him cut a check immediately for a few million austins for start-up costs.
But I don't know if they ever opened it up to other investors, if any of those 3 ever sold off any of their shares, nor how Adam Gerrick's will distributed his shares after his death in FiE.

Or Howard Clinkscales' shares after his later death.

I don't think they could have opened up to investors(or needed to, given Honor's Manticoran money) without diluting Honor's 50% share. However, there was some wiggle room to sell shares and maintain control of the company between the Harrington and Clinkscales shares, as long as their combination exceeded 50%. And as you pointed out, we don't know how Gerrick and Clinkscales' shares were inherited or what happened to them afterwards.
Post by saber964   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:34 pm

saber964
Admiral

munroburton wrote:quote="Jonathan_S"]Looks like Sky Domes was at least originally split up as follows:

Or Howard Clinkscales' shares after his later death.

I don't think they could have opened up to investors(or needed to, given Honor's Manticoran money) without diluting Honor's 50% share. However, there was some wiggle room to sell shares and maintain control of the company between the Harrington and Clinkscales shares, as long as their combination exceeded 50%. And as you pointed out, we don't know how Gerrick and Clinkscales' shares were inherited or what happened to them afterwards.[/quote]

I don't know but Honor effectively adopted the Clinkscales clan in AAC, so I wouldn't be surprised that she has control of that 20% of the company.
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Is the name of the oldest treecat living given? Also, the Black Rock clan destroyed was the oldest clan - which probably held the oldest treecat. Which clan is now? Seems like I remember a name given.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Weird Harold   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Is the name of the oldest treecat living given? Also, the Black Rock clan destroyed was the oldest clan - which probably held the oldest treecat. Which clan is now? Seems like I remember a name given.

Black Rock was an old clan, but explicitly named as an offspring of Bright Water(? Nimitz' clan.) At best, the second oldest clan, but probably not even close to that, as I seem to recall that it was a fairly young clan when Lionheart bonded Stephanie Harrington.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by JeffEngel   » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:03 am

JeffEngel
Admiral

cthia wrote:Is the name of the oldest treecat living given? Also, the Black Rock clan destroyed was the oldest clan - which probably held the oldest treecat. Which clan is now? Seems like I remember a name given.

There's no reason to suppose the oldest treecat clan contained the oldest living treecat. Compare: the oldest U.S. state (by ratification of the Constitution, in this case - pick your own standard and the point stands) would be Delaware. It's 45th of 50 in population. As of the 2010 census, it had .29% of the population. If age groups were distributed proportionately, that'd give it a 29 in 1000 chance of having the oldest U.S. resident. (As defined, here, by census inclusion.) Delaware is seasonable enough it may not lose lots of seniors to moving south if they can, but neither is it a notorious haven for the aged.

As an old clan, the most you could say about Black Rock is that it is unlikely to include nothing but young people split off recently from another clan. Other than that, it was, demographically, just another clan with a typical spread of kittens, adults, and seniors, going about their lives when one day the sky fell.
Post by saber964   » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 am

saber964
Admiral

About Black Rock clan it's a offshoot of Bright Water Clan. The oldest clans that we can conclusively date are Fire Run Fast and Blue Mountain Dancing Clan because they both observed the survey teams from the Suffren in 763 PD.
Post by JeffEngel   » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

saber964 wrote:About Black Rock clan it's a offshoot of Bright Water Clan. The oldest clans that we can conclusively date are Fire Run Fast and Blue Mountain Dancing Clan because they both observed the survey teams from the Suffren in 763 PD.

Are they confirmed still to exist in 1922 PD?
Post by saber964   » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm

saber964
Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
saber964 wrote:About Black Rock clan it's a offshoot of Bright Water Clan. The oldest clans that we can conclusively date are Fire Run Fast and Blue Mountain Dancing Clan because they both observed the survey teams from the Suffren in 763 PD.

Are they confirmed still to exist in 1922 PD?

Yes, Blue Mountain is the home clan of Bark Chewers Bane Jacques Chou bodyguard and Fire Runs Fast is the home clan of Ariel QEIII best bud.

Return to Honorverse