Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 68 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by Greentea   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Greentea
Commander

Michael Everett wrote:...when the next novel is coming out.
;)

Well, that goes without saying. :D
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by pushmar   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:40 pm

pushmar
Lieutenant Commander

How and when the REST of Sphinx found out who was stealing the celery. After all, Stephanie never told.
Post by KNick   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 pm

KNick
Admiral

pushmar wrote:How and when the REST of Sphinx found out who was stealing the celery. After all, Stephanie never told.

Yes she did. After the adoption became public. She just didn't tell anyone how she knew. After all, Eric Flint at the Red Letter Café started carrying it for him.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by kzt   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Some of this stuff exists. The Grayson list, the ship list, and the house of lords list I think exist in David's notes. We may never see them, but they exist.
Post by Belial666   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Belial666
Commodore

1) How many books are planned for the entire series, approximately. It's a matter of knowing how much to expect and what amount of future time investment is expected from us readers. Though maybe I was spoiled on that count by my other two favorite authors, Robert Jordan and Jim Butcher.

2) The actual masses and sizes of various ships and their components - as things stand we only know volume for most of them.

3) How many colonies are there in the galaxy that nobody outside them knows anything about, and their potential for influencing the world. After all, humanity is sufficiently large and sufficiently full of crazies for someone to have built at least one generational ship with a hyper generator. Which might well mean there are colonies a couple light-millennia further out than anybody has considered.
Post by pushmar   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:18 pm

pushmar
Lieutenant Commander

Belial666 wrote: ...3) How many colonies are there in the galaxy that nobody outside them knows anything about, and their potential for influencing the world. After all, humanity is sufficiently large and sufficiently full of crazies for someone to have built at least one generational ship with a hyper generator. Which might well mean there are colonies a couple light-millennia further out than anybody has considered.

Hear, hear! Something I often wonder, too.
Post by lordkhuzdul   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:05 pm

lordkhuzdul
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Belial666 wrote:1) How many books are planned for the entire series, approximately. It's a matter of knowing how much to expect and what amount of future time investment is expected from us readers. Though maybe I was spoiled on that count by my other two favorite authors, Robert Jordan and Jim Butcher.

2) The actual masses and sizes of various ships and their components - as things stand we only know volume for most of them.

3) How many colonies are there in the galaxy that nobody outside them knows anything about, and their potential for influencing the world. After all, humanity is sufficiently large and sufficiently full of crazies for someone to have built at least one generational ship with a hyper generator. Which might well mean there are colonies a couple light-millennia further out than anybody has considered.

I think numbers one and three are ones we will never get the answer on, as they would commit Mr. Weber to things he would probably want to remain flexible about.

As for myself, I would really like to get some solid info, like a rough terrain map, or a fuller description, about the geography of some planets, especially Manticore, Sphinx and Grayson. Just because I am a map addict and love drawing stylized maps, LOTR style.
Post by Hutch   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Uroboros wrote:More about Earth's Final War and what the hell exactly happened.

If you haven't read the E-ARC for Cauldron Of Ghosts yet, there is 2-3 pages of discussion on that topic, and my guess is that is all we're liable to get--I mean, it was 500 years ago--how much detail does the average person today have of the 30 Years War? (no fair if you're a Ring of Fire fan...).
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Hutch   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

pushmar wrote:
Belial666 wrote: ...3) How many colonies are there in the galaxy that nobody outside them knows anything about, and their potential for influencing the world. After all, humanity is sufficiently large and sufficiently full of crazies for someone to have built at least one generational ship with a hyper generator. Which might well mean there are colonies a couple light-millennia further out than anybody has considered.

Hear, hear! Something I often wonder, too.

Umm, if nobody knows about them, how can we estimate how many there are? 8-) ;)

And yes, there are probably some colonies way out in the
"back 40", but since they have nothing to do with the story line, I don't expect the MWW to take any time with them.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by KNick   » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:57 pm

KNick
Admiral

kzt wrote:Some of this stuff exists. The Grayson list, the ship list, and the house of lords list I think exist in David's notes. We may never see them, but they exist.

This sounds like the start of a companion book for the final novel of the series.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!

Return to Honorverse