Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 135 guests

Information I'd love to know

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Information I'd love to know
Post by SWM   » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:15 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Is there a Victor Cachat and Anton Zilwicki counterpart in the League? What happened to MI6?

If he doesn't move his ass, he's going to be 00Late.

Heh. I assume you mean MI-5. MI-6 is the internal security service, MI-5 is the foreign intelligence service.

MI-5 probably moved to New Britannia. :)
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by JeffEngel   » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:46 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

cthia wrote:Is there a Victor Cachat and Anton Zilwicki counterpart in the League? What happened to MI6?

If he doesn't move his ass, he's going to be 00Late.

I think people with those sorts of talents get sucked up by OFS and/or the Alignment. Consider Darian Harrahap. The League simply doesn't offer much else for such talents in public service. Industrial espionage for transtellars may keep some occupied and well-paid too.
Post by BuckH   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:32 pm

BuckH
Midshipman

In several of the books there is a mention of an attack by Manpower upon the residence of Catherine Montaigne. I have looked and looked but can't find the details or the story. Is it a short story I've missed or is it just one of those undefined references?
Post by Vince   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

BuckH wrote:In several of the books there is a mention of an attack by Manpower upon the residence of Catherine Montaigne. I have looked and looked but can't find the details or the story. Is it a short story I've missed or is it just one of those undefined references?

It is occasionally mentioned in the books, but David never showed (wrote the details of the incident) us the details.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by SharkHunter   » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Vince wrote:
BuckH wrote:In several of the books there is a mention of an attack by Manpower upon the residence of Catherine Montaigne. I have looked and looked but can't find the details or the story. Is it a short story I've missed or is it just one of those undefined references?

It is occasionally mentioned in the books, but David never showed (wrote the details of the incident) us the details.
It took place "offstage" About all we know is that the it failed quite spectacularly. IIRC Anton Zilwicki, et. al had the body parts shipped to Manpower headquarters on Mesa as a rather pointed suggestion that maybe just maybe "hands off" was a far better idea than "try try again".
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by stewart   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:45 am

stewart
Captain of the List

In Mission of Honor, the Battle of Spindle,

Commander Hago Shavarshyan, Crandall's FF Intel Officer and Vice Admiral Ou-Yang Zhing-Wei, Crandall's operations officer both survived Spindle. Neither was as dismissive as the others on Crandall's staff of RMN capabilities.

I would like to hear their interviews or thoughts post battle.

-- Stewart
Post by George J. Smith   » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:34 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Other than Sasebo, what systems are to the galactic south of Sol in the Shell and Inner Protectorates?
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hearns later became the first Grayson-born woman to hold a GSN commission and attend the Royal Manticoran Naval Academy at Saganami Island. She was one of Admiral Harrington's star pupils, ranking 14th in her class and 6th in the tactical curriculum.[4]

I'd sure like to know the *unlucky 13 before her who got to turn their tassels first.

And who, pray tell, were the unbelievable 5 students graduating with higher tactical scores?

*Why unlucky? Because she is going to make them all look like they cheated. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:44 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

stewart wrote:In Mission of Honor, the Battle of Spindle,

Commander Hago Shavarshyan, Crandall's FF Intel Officer and Vice Admiral Ou-Yang Zhing-Wei, Crandall's operations officer both survived Spindle. Neither was as dismissive as the others on Crandall's staff of RMN capabilities.

I would like to hear their interviews or thoughts post battle.

-- Stewart
You mean after "We should have shot that -itch ourselves..."? and/or "WTF?? did you just do?" What I'd really like to know is, do they defect to avoid being scapegoated? a la Alfredu Yu all the way back in HotQ?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Is there a maximum range of communication between an ACM and the other eight missiles?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse