Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

Plot twists that WON'T happen

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Plot twists that WON'T happen
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 am

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Okay, you think that last one was something? Try this one out for size.

The entire GA, from Haven's POV, turns out to be a farce. A well orchestrated ploy. A trick. A well thought out ruse manufactured by the SLN and Haven way back when they were working together exchanging tech. During another upcoming invasion of the Manty Home System will see a traitorous Havenite Navy turn on the Manties. Manticore will fall. Salamander on toast.

Even the treecats missed the biggest Trojan Horse delivered in human history.

[Don't you dare throw that sink!]

[Owww!!]

*flings entire kitchen*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:A Masadan HD evangelist touches Emily and chants something Masoddy. Emily stands up and says ...

"I can walk. Tester, I can walk!"

Kinda beat me to half of it but:
Emily is able to walk due to a new regen treatment devloped on Mesa. (For you Rose) She and Honor's love blossoms beyond the sister wife role. Hamish is left to himself breifly, to allow the conquest of Elizabeth, only to be welcomed back as these 3 women capture the minds and imaginations of the whole Old Star Kingdom, and build their Harem, male and female. Next to fall would be Eloise of course, allowing the triad to rule the Empire from the throne and Haven by proxy.

Too much?

Ok, hows this:

Treecats begin to estabish further colonies, including on old Alphanes worlds, where they learn the truth of where they went and why... And when plan to return.

Or this:

A new wormhole lead to a robot planet controled by a computer call Omnious and his independent cohort, Erasmous.

Or:

Dune is discoved and ingesting the spice enhacing prolong in humans, and allows treecats telekinisis.

Last one:

There is rot inside the onion. They get their hands on the nanotech and use it on Albrecht, programing him to make subtle changes to the plan to allow other be in charge. The quickly make peace oveture to the Grand Alliance. This is ours, that is yours, we just leave eachother alone.
Post by saber964   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:56 pm

saber964
Admiral

James Harrington the Treecat's ace pitcher with a 1.15 ERA and 75 HR leads the kitties to their first GPL World Series victory over the Muller Sand Frogs.
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Okay, treecats are sentient beings and musn't be treated as pets. They must be considered as people.

Grayson treecats will have a generation of domestic cats, unprecedented in their contact with humans.

As a result, some treecats begin to exhibit, how shall I say?, sexual interest in humans. And humanity, already found guilty of bestiality finds it an inconsequential step.

And of course, can it be considered bestiality, since treecats are people and not beasts?

Can a Queen marry a treecat if that happens? Would a treecat be considered a commoner?

Inquiring minds just want to know.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:55 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

This one may be less Unlikely then the others (though i hope i am wrong)
The MAN gets beat up by the GA until it is revealed that the leonard detweilder class is a super-SD type thing that prevents impeller wedges from working within several light minutes of it, it uses a spider and so is not effected, it also has a spherical sidewall generator and lots of grasers and a torpedo that can wipe human life off a planet kinetically. It can only be killed by being rammed by an SD under thrusters. They decide that as Manticore is hurt badly they will send it to Haven to attack the planet. Tom Theisman finds out about it and decides to attack it suicidally flying a Medusa with modified thrusters into it at 1,000 KPS leading to its destruction, the probable renaming of the Republic of Haven after him and the end of the war.

(I will now go hide in another forum to hide from the inevitable lynch mob after me I hear Charis is nice this time of year) :D
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:49 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

The Malign, realising they can't win, decide that if they can't have it the way they want it then nobody can have it, and release a black hole bomb to obliterate the whole Milky way galaxy. :roll:

T&R
GJS
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by niethil   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:14 am

niethil
Commander

BrigadeΔ wrote:
The MAN gets beat up by the GA until it is revealed that the leonard detweilder class is a super-SD type thing that prevents impeller wedges from working within several light minutes of it, it uses a spider and so is not effected, it also has a spherical sidewall generator and lots of grasers and a torpedo that can wipe human life off a planet kinetically. It can only be killed by being rammed by an SD under thrusters.

Let me guess : those super-SDs come equiped with fur and big front teeth, and closely resemble a certain rodent species whose name begins with an 'H' ?

The Sphinx Forestry Service commissions its first treecat ranger.
-------------
'Oh, oh' he said in English. Evidently, he had completely mastered that language.
Post by Invictus   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Invictus
Commander

cthia wrote:Just thinking about this happening sticks in my craw.

A political mirror image of High Ridge, Higher Ridges, gets elected. The MALign, masters of the history of the Honorverse that they are, takes a page out of St. Just's book and proposes peace just before the GA guts them. Guess what the idiot does, much to Elizabeth's chagrin ... a-gain?! :o :evil:

Pretty sure at this point that rather than go through that again, Liz the 3rd would just shoot em.

Please don't tell her I called her Liz. I hear she hates that... :lol:

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Post by BrigadeΔ   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:39 pm

BrigadeΔ
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

My origional idea was rather lame, so how about this, Honor dies of a sudden stroke whole meeting with Queen Elizabeth in mount royal palace,
Never going to happen!
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:31 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

niethil wrote:(snip)
The Sphinx Forestry Service commissions its first treecat ranger.

Now that the true levels of sentience and organization are fully revealed, and inter-species communication established and improving,...

...I don't consider this unlikely to happen at all.

In fact, it is an ideal job for scouts of the People within the larger integrated culture that will be growing on Sphinx, and on other 'treecat free-range' planets.

Now, whether there will be occasion to see it occur within the storylines of the remaining main arc novels is up for grabs, by tMMW. Perfect fodder for an anthology story, however.

Its been a couple of years since signing became widespread. It would not surprise me to learn that 'cats currently bonded to SFS Rangers have been granted full ranger status, authority, and powers. ...And pay.

dreamrider

Return to Honorverse