Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 105 guests

Plot twists that WON'T happen

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Plot twists that WON'T happen
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:49 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Invictus wrote:

Do Treecats have cheeks? Inquiring minds would like to know! :lol:

Given the demonstrated level of cheekiness, they must.

dreamrider
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:51 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:The establishment of female Keys ... KeyMasters.
Or would that be Master Keys.

No.
The females are the Gatekeepers. The males are the Key Masters.

dreamrider
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dreamrider wrote:
cthia wrote:The establishment of female Keys ... KeyMasters.
Or would that be Master Keys.

No.

dreamrider

Yea. I likey.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:31 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
dreamrider wrote:
No.

dreamrider

Yea. I likey.

Of course, what this says about the undercurrents of Grayson culture is pretty hideous.

dreamrider
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
dreamrider wrote:
No.

dreamrider

Yea. I likey.

dreamrider wrote:
Of course, what this says about the undercurrents of Grayson culture is pretty hideous.

dreamrider

I don't know dreamrider. Initially, I thought the same thing about the Grayson's cultural attitude toward their women. But then there was the little explanation that Protector Benjamin offered Courvosier re their history.

But what sealed it for me in a positive manner, is Grayson's overall protective nature toward the women. Even for an off-worlder, Graysons would never tolerate public humiliation of a woman. You do not want to call a Grayson woman a trollop.

All in all, I think Grayson has struck an interesting balance of 'respectful chauvinism', if you will.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:48 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
dreamrider wrote:

dreamrider

I don't know dreamrider. Initially, I thought the same thing about the Grayson's cultural attitude toward their women. But then there was the little explanation that Protector Benjamin offered Courvosier re their history.

But what sealed it for me in a positive manner, is Grayson's overall protective nature toward the women. Even for an off-worlder, Graysons would never tolerate public humiliation of a woman. You do not want to call a Grayson woman a trollop.

All in all, I think Grayson has struck an interesting balance of 'respectful chauvinism', if you will.

Um...the whole exchange (mine) is intended to be slightly humorous. It is a reference to the movie Ghostbusters.

dr
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Just thinking about this happening sticks in my craw.

A political mirror image of High Ridge, Higher Ridges, gets elected. The MALign, masters of the history of the Honorverse that they are, takes a page out of St. Just's book and proposes peace just before the GA guts them. Guess what the idiot does, much to Elizabeth's chagrin ... a-gain?! :o :evil:

Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:51 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Okay, you think that last one was something? Try this one out for size.

The entire GA, from Haven's POV, turns out to be a farce. A well orchestrated ploy. A trick. A well thought out ruse manufactured by the SLN and Haven way back when they were working together exchanging tech. During another upcoming invasion of the Manty Home System will see a traitorous Havenite Navy turn on the Manties. Manticore will fall. Salamander on toast.

Even the treecats missed the biggest Trojan Horse delivered in human history.

[Don't you dare throw that sink!]

[Owww!!]

Post by Vince   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I don't know dreamrider. Initially, I thought the same thing about the Grayson's cultural attitude toward their women. But then there was the little explanation that Protector Benjamin offered Courvosier re their history.

Minor nit: It was High Admiral Beranard Yanakov that had the conversation with Courvosier, not Protector Benjamin. Honor had left the Yeltsin Star system (in Fearless, with Apollo and Troubadour) to take the remaining freighters in convoy on to Casca.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:
cthia wrote:

Minor nit: It was High Admiral Beranard Yanakov that had the conversation with Courvosier, not Protector Benjamin. Honor had left the Yeltsin Star system (in Fearless, with Apollo and Troubadour) to take the remaining freighters in convoy on to Casca.

Thanks Vince. Minor nit, but major screwup on my part, again. I really thought it was someone other than Benjy, but couldn't think of his name. But the sentiment is the same.

Pretty much two weeks w/o sleep, beyond catnaps. Just two more days.

Thanks for tolerating my phuckups everyone. But amongst the phuc... are a few gems I hope.

Return to Honorverse