Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Most hated character

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Most hated character
Post by waddles for desert   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:34 pm

waddles for desert
Admiral

Marchant is a contender as are the "elite"of Masada.

Warneke and his pirate navy were special.

The warden at Hades was never really "on screen", but he and his goons were loathsome.

Slavers in general.

I do not see the Mandarins as more despicable than Harris in Haven or the folks in New Tuscany. Same fish, different ponds.

In the end, I have to go with the Detweilers. If Jack could figure it out, his "superiors" should have done so first.

And Poker, the poster leaves out out momma with her knitting and her biotech weapons of mass destruction. And, you need a deck of cards for the people who "euthanize" little girls when "projects" don't meet their goals.

Last edited by waddles for desert on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Well, there's always Reginald Houseman. And Admiral Rajampet, for a truly aggessive cluelessness.

But my choice for the absolute, all-time despicable loathsome cockroach would be Representative Gerald Younger. That little wanker is perfectly willing to watch both Haven and Manticore go down in flames for petty personal ambition. Decades more war? A few billion more dead? So what?

Watching Ambassador Harrington poke that...creature's little bubble was a treat. She could have used a bit more sarcasm, though.

And Fly, that was Admiral Filareta with the sexual...oddities. The only leverage they needed on Crandall was pandering to her prejudices.
------------------
Them chickens are up to summat. They're organized, I tell ya.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Waddles for dessert,
On the Masadans.
The Masadans represent the kind of personal affront to my sense of rightness that stuns me.
They are the kind of evil that does not compute. My parents never could have prepared me for that type evil and yet still raise me with the imbibed milk of love.
I have five sisters. And I was raised to love them with a fierce love, because all girls, my father taught his six boys, are princesses. The boys certainly treated the girls as princesses.

I think I was born with a bit too much compassion. Oftentimes I think that is the case.
I cried like a new born baby all thru 'Passion Of The Christ.' I thought I'd die from a lack of oxygen...couldn't breathe for tears. I cried when they shot Old Yeller. When Willy jumped that wall.
In 'Honor Of The Queen' that kind of evil rocked me. I was in danger of emotionally short circuiting. It literally takes me hours to trudge thru passages. Very personal to me. As that is a very personal type evil.
"We're here to help you," Honor repeated while tears slid down her face, "but you have to let us have Commander Brigham. The medics will help her but you have to let her go."
"Please Mai-Ling, Let us help her."
What the Masadans did to the women of the RMN is something I cannot fathom. The fact that I know that it happens in reality stuns me. Bewilders, befuddles eats away at all that I am from the inside. That begs of a personal kind of hate. When you can hurt individuals, women, while looking into their eyes rather than a ship full of nameless people...
That bespeaks of the difference of the two evils.
Evil incarnate vs. Evil by trade.

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I just pray there aren't any parallels between the SLN and our own beloved government here on New Earth! ;)

Great admirals don't make wars great, bad admirals make great admirals' wars great.
-cthia

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Admiral Crandall...
:lol:

Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Admiral Crandall...
:lol:

I may or may not have been licking my chops when Mike Henke squashed her flat. But I admit nothing.

...look! Shiny object! *innocent whistle*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by saber964   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:48 pm

saber964
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Well, there's always Reginald Houseman. And Admiral Rajampet, for a truly aggessive cluelessness.

But my choice for the absolute, all-time despicable loathsome cockroach would be Representative Gerald Younger. That little wanker is perfectly willing to watch both Haven and Manticore go down in flames for petty personal ambition. Decades more war? A few billion more dead? So what?

Watching Ambassador Harrington poke that...creature's little bubble was a treat. She could have used a bit more sarcasm, though.

And Fly, that was Admiral Filareta with the sexual...oddities. The only leverage they needed on Crandall was pandering to her prejudices.
------------------
Them chickens are up to summat. They're organized, I tell ya.

Not quite on Crandall, IIRC it was old fashioned money for Crandall. It was Byng who was a racist bigoted moron who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Roseandheather,
Oh no? :o
Well I'll admit it for the both of us. I was licking my chops and chewing them too. Talk about hoping someone gets cast spot on in the movies.
Is it just me or does anyone else see Crandall as wearing unkempt uniforms with burger juice and catsup stains on them? :lol:

-cthia

Post by npadln   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:24 pm

npadln
Commander

Nimitz. After Echoes it just became silly. Too much anthropomorphizing, too convenient and just too much narrative intrusion. I would be ok if one day the tree cats became victims of mass genocide by the Renaissance Factor. At least that would add some additional color to the story-line.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You have to give Mesa credit on one point though...
Boy could they pick 'em.

And talk about the patronage game...
Byng once wore his beret backwards like some rap artists of Old Earth's 21st century with a button that read...
Betcha' can't guess how I got here.

-cthia

Return to Honorverse