Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 104 guests

Most hated character

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Most hated character
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:26 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

BuNine,
My treecat is signing "t-h-a-n-k y-o-u."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:33 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Admiral Northstar,
You and me both. That genetic tampering thing with the Meyerdahl gene sequence really sticks in my craw. Probably because it wreaks of Hitler and his master race.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

cthia wrote:BuNine,
My treecat is signing "t-h-a-n-k y-o-u."

I would sign "You're welcome", but it doesn't exactly translate well in written form, and I don't want to bother trying to link to an image or video.

Oh, to heck with it (no, that's not me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HiLFs2oWwI

I actually know/knew a little sign language. Learned it to help communicate with my autistic son. He's old enough now to be able to communicate somewhat normally, so I've forgotten most of it.
Post by Hutch   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

I'd have to say Oscar St. Just--simply because the character, who appears to be in most cases rather modest, of average build, and calm, can also order the death of millions with the same aplomb as ordering lunch.

I am afraid every time I think of St. Just, I get a mental image of Heinrich Himmler-and that is someone worth hating, IMHO.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:16 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I simply cannot loathe Janacek and High Ridge unconditionally, for the simple reason that if they hadn't come into power, the RMN would have bombed Nouveau Paris into smithereens and... yeah. That particular idea does not sit well with me, for obvious reasons. They bought the entire Honorverse sorely needed time to bring about a Manticore-Haven peace treaty and alliance, and though I may loathe the men themselves, I will always be grateful for their existence because they bought that time. Destroy Haven, and everything else that would come after would have been meaningless to me.

So, for the characters I actually loathe:

* Cordelia Ransom. An inhuman, sadistic monster if ever I saw one.

* Pavel Young. See above. Though thankfully he didn't have the resources to perpetuate atrocities on a similar scale.

* Elvis Santino. That man just sticks in my craw. I hate him. Honor rehabilitating Andrea's career actually had me cheering out loud.

* Arnold Giancola. He was going to tear apart everything Tom and Eloise had sacrificed - Eloise gave up Javier! - for his own personal gain, and that is guaranteed to have me frothing at the mouth.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Grabthar's Hammer   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Grabthar's Hammer
Lieutenant Commander

That sum'bitch Captain of the Faithful Williams
C/O Blackbird base
circa - HotQ

Reading the book, I wanted to hurt him!
    ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~
    "GOLD! - It may not buy happiness, but it can buy you a better state of misery, that's for sure!"
    Count Duckula
    Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm

roseandheather
    Admiral

Grabthar's Hammer wrote:That sum'bitch Captain of the Faithful Williams
    C/O Blackbird base
    circa - HotQ

You were not alone, my friend. Believe me, you were not alone.
    ~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
    "You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
    Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 pm

cthia
    Fleet Admiral

Commander Hammer,
    LMAO! My father was in the U.S. Marines and he used that swear alot. Sum'Bitch. Funny! And yes, excellent choice!

Post by Northstar   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Northstar
    Rear Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
    Grabthar's Hammer wrote:That sum'bitch Captain of the Faithful Williams
    C/O Blackbird base
    circa - HotQ

You were not alone, my friend. Believe me, you were not alone.

Sure weren't.
    Post by crewdude48   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:16 pm

crewdude48
    Commodore

Honestly (and I suspect I am the only person who would think of him) the person in the Honorverse I hate the most is Pavel Young's grandfather. It was he that raised Dimitri Young in such a way that Dimitri could raise Pavel to become the "man" that he was.

It was also he who began to assemble the North Hollow files, and those allowed him, and his successors, to control where the government leaned. If it wasn't for the files, I doubt Dimitri could have saved his son's life at the court martial, the smear campaign against Honor and Hamish would have had a much harder time gaining traction and had a very vocal opposition, and I'm not even sure that High Ridge would have had enough votes to form a government.

Return to Honorverse