Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Honorverse favorite one-liners

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse favorite one-liners
Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:04 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

At All Costs
Regarding the RMN's thinking that they can take the system and the RHN's forces thinking they're wrong.
"We think they are, Ewan," Giovanni corrected. "Although, if they've got the sense God gave a Legislaturalist, at least they'll stay out of our inner-system missile envelope!"

I'm surely going to have to borrow this one for sure, in some fashion or another. Some of you might even be fed it here on the forums, because if you had the brains God gave a Legislaturalist....

lol

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:22 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Service of the Sword
Judith's dying mother's final request...
"Never let them know that you can read."

Chokes me up every single time.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dscott8   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:41 am

dscott8
Commodore

I like Web DuHavel's description of the young Cathy Montaigne as one of "... the chic downtrodden of the day, who couldn't bake a loaf of bread without romanticizing the distress of the flour and the noble savage qualities of the yeast."
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:56 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

There's a line in Shadow of Saganami about the super you beaut military coms being able to detect line taps.
Most government/police line taps are done in the node and are undetectable.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Honorverse