Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 140 guests

Honorverse favorite one-liners

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse favorite one-liners
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:25 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Crown of Slaves... "My name is Jeremy X"

At which point anyone with half a brain cell [within comm screen broadcast range, anyway] promptly lost bladder and bowel control.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Rob the Fiend   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Rob the Fiend
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote: Shadow of Freedom
“He’s got to be crazy, Ma’am,” Tucker Kiernan told Oxana Dubroskaya flatly. “Five light cruisers against four battlecruisers? They’ve got at most—what? Maybe eight tubes per broadside? Well, we’ve got twenty-eight per broadside!”

Now I understand the Sollies!
8 is not < 28.

Blame it all on the New Math. :lol:

Here in Sweden, there was a childrens show named:
"5 ants is more than 4 elephants."
Yes, true, if you only look at it from a pure numbers view.
BUT... :D , from a point of mass, or capability....
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

"Eloise, you and I have to be the two stubbornest, most bloody-minded females in the galaxy. If the two of us can agree on anything, it's going to happen."
~ A Rising Thunder

You mean like the breakup of the Solarian League, a lasting peace between Manticore and Haven, and the total annihilation of the Mesan Alignment, Elizabeth?

I don't think I really have to explain by now just how deeply this line affected me, do I?
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by JeffEngel   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:"Eloise, you and I have to be the two stubbornest, most bloody-minded females in the galaxy. If the two of us can agree on anything, it's going to happen."
~ A Rising Thunder

You mean like the breakup of the Solarian League, a lasting peace between Manticore and Haven, and the total annihilation of the Mesan Alignment, Elizabeth?

I don't think I really have to explain by now just how deeply this line affected me, do I?

... It occurs to me that you need to get the two of them behind shipping your various not-yet-happy-couples. You know, in their spare time. :)
Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
roseandheather wrote:"Eloise, you and I have to be the two stubbornest, most bloody-minded females in the galaxy. If the two of us can agree on anything, it's going to happen."
~ A Rising Thunder

... It occurs to me that you need to get the two of them behind shipping your various not-yet-happy-couples. You know, in their spare time. :)

Him hasn't seen the Cupid thread, has him?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5117&hilit=cupid

Oh noooo!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

This one's not dialogue, but is sort of classic Weber:

"Oxana Dubroskaya’s and Kelvin Diadoro’s calculations had been based on six erroneous estimates".

Fatally, we might add. Against the RMN you might get ONE erroneous estimate before your ship's backside... and frontside... disappear in a big ole'set of flashes.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:48 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Since Hutch is on a 9-step one-liners program, I'll add this for him. It, belongs.

Cauldron of Ghosts and Sydorenko
“Let us now do unto others as they have wet dreams of doing unto us."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Gauder   » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:50 am

Gauder
Midshipman

From Storm from the Shadows:

You know, this all seemed like a much better idea when this kind of crap was still somewhere off in the future.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:31 am

roseandheather
Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
~ A Rising Thunder

What makes you think they haven't already? They sent Sonja off to Bolthole and Shannon, didn't they? :mrgreen: 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
~ A Rising Thunder

roseandheather wrote:What makes you think they haven't already? They sent Sonja off to Bolthole and Shannon, didn't they? :mrgreen: 8-)

Rose, I do declare. You're the most effective Cupist. An opportunist!

Although, images of Sonja and Shannon gushing vowels for each other, is *alphabetical! :oops:

*Alphabetical, new-gen slang according to my niece. It means, in order.

Return to Honorverse