Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 98 guests

Honorverse favorite one-liners

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse favorite one-liners
Post by Yow   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:59 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

MoH

"don’t be silly"

~Elizabeth Adrienne Samantha Annette Winton, Grand Commander of the Order of King Roger, Grand Commander of the Order of Queen Elizabeth I, Grand Commander of the Order of the Golden Lion, Baroness of Crystal Pine, Baroness of White Sand, Countess of Tannerman, Countess of High Garnet, Grand Duchess of Basilisk, Princess Protector of the Realm, and, by God’s grace and the will of Parliament, Queen Elizabeth III of the Star Kingdom of Manticore, and Empress Elizabeth I of the Star Empire of Manticore.

on the second submission of resignation from Admiral Sir Thomas Caparelli, the First Space Lord of the Royal Manticoran Navy directly to Queen Elizabeth (unread of course) following the MA sneak attack on Manticore.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:12 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Yow wrote:MoH

"don’t be silly"

~Elizabeth Adrienne Samantha Annette Winton, Grand Commander of the Order of King Roger, Grand Commander of the Order of Queen Elizabeth I, Grand Commander of the Order of the Golden Lion, Baroness of Crystal Pine, Baroness of White Sand, Countess of Tannerman, Countess of High Garnet, Grand Duchess of Basilisk, Princess Protector of the Realm, and, by God’s grace and the will of Parliament, Queen Elizabeth III of the Star Kingdom of Manticore, and Empress Elizabeth I of the Star Empire of Manticore.
on the second submission of resignation from Admiral Sir Thomas Caparelli, the First Space Lord of the Royal Manticoran Navy directly to Queen Elizabeth (unread of course) following the MA sneak attack on Manticore.

Oh, Tom Caparelli!! That man needs an enormous hug.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi RoseandHeather,

Tom Caparelli is one of my favorites!

One of the best part of the series has been the change in the relationship between Tom and Hamish, from tSVW to AAC and beyond.

The AoV passage of Tom deciding where and when to start the final war-winning campaign, of how Pat Givens has changed her mind to seeing how and why he was a better choice than Hamish for First Lord, but the best is the description of his leaving "the pit" carrying the full weight of the war on his broad and unbowed shoulders.

Not that I expected Hamish to have been chosen, but I think he would have hated missing all the action, and possibly been less attentive to his duties than Tom.

Once OB has been put behind them, and the SL defeated, I almost wish Tome gets a fleet command to show his stuff, but I know that's not going to happen.

L

roseandheather wrote:*quote="Yow"*MoH

*quote*"don’t be silly"

[/quote]

Oh, Tom Caparelli!! That man needs an enormous hug.[/quote]
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Amaroq   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

"Personally, I've always preferred paper, rock, scissors when it comes to serious command decisions, though."

Oh Chatterjee, we barely knew ye.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Amaroq wrote:
"Personally, I've always preferred paper, rock, scissors when it comes to serious command decisions, though."

Oh Chatterjee, we barely knew ye.

:lol:
Reminds me of Eighth Fleet considering pulling system targets out of a hat.

On Basilisk Station
Klaus Hauptman stepped out of it like a reigning monarch.

Oh come on. You've seen the type.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Webster and Alexander.
Dr. Gagarian has a new therapy he wants Emily to try, and Father isn't taking the winter very well, but—"

This pasage led me on, the entire series. I kept waiting for results. Was there ever a mention of him again? This Dr. Gagarian? Seems Emily would have the very best in medical care. Short of the Harringtons.
Nope; just did an ebook search. There is exactly on mention of "Gagarian" in the entire series (the quote you already provided)
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Webster and Alexander.
Dr. Gagarian has a new therapy he wants Emily to try, and Father isn't taking the winter very well, but—"

This pasage led me on, the entire series. I kept waiting for results. Was there ever a mention of him again? This Dr. Gagarian? Seems Emily would have the very best in medical care. Short of the Harringtons.

Johnathan_S wrote:
Nope; just did an ebook search. There is exactly on mention of "Gagarian" in the entire series (the quote you already provided)

Thanks Johnathan. It's sort of weird you see. Like I said, I kept awaiting positive results, and I just knew she'd make a full recovery. Eventually, I just forgot about him. Out of sight out of mind , until Allison began working with Emily. That reminded me of Gagarian. I always thought it odd that he was never mentioned, since he would have had Emily's records.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:55 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Post here. Ask David if he would tell you more of Gagarian. Its the sort of thing he might answer.

Would also be interesting if Gagarian was an 'honorary mention" from RL.

dreamrider
Post by dreamrider   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:11 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

As long as we are currently on a theme of Elizabeth quotes, lets go with:

"Well, You've already got the Parlimentary Medal of Valor, a knighthood-although as I think about it, we're going to be promoting you to knight grand cross this afternoon, I believe-a duchy, a mansion, a baseball team-whatever that is-your own personal starship, a multibillion-dollar business empire, and a steading.

With all that, deciding what to give you is getting a bit complicated. So I decided to give you back your white beret."

dreamrider
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dreamrider wrote:As long as we are currently on a theme of Elizabeth quotes, lets go with:

"Well, You've already got the Parlimentary Medal of Valor, a knighthood-although as I think about it, we're going to be promoting you to knight grand cross this afternoon, I believe-a duchy, a mansion, a baseball team-whatever that is-your own personal starship, a multibillion-dollar business empire, and a steading.

With all that, deciding what to give you is getting a bit complicated. So I decided to give you back your white beret."

dreamrider

Good one dreamrider. That quote has me grinning again. Call me selfish, but I so wish she could have kept that white beret. I hated it when Kirk became an admiral.

On Basilisk Station
This was her ship, and the fact that the Hauptman Cartel could undoubtedly have bought Fearless out of petty cash didn't change that.

Buy Fearless with petty cash. :o

Everyone has all of these titles. No mention of Stacy's title?

Stacy Hauptman, daughter of the richest man in the Honorverse, Princess of the Hauptman Cartel, the richest woman in the Honorverse.

Return to Honorverse