Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

next honorverse book

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: next honorverse book
Post by clancy688   » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

Henry Brown wrote:
Has anybody seen any updates regarding the E-ARC of "Cauldron of Ghosts?" Is it still a possibility for this month?

Yes.

Any possibility of seeing the "Cauldron of Ghosts" E-Arc by Christmas.

Chance, yes. Likely, no.--Toni

http://bar.baen.com/index.php?t=msg&th=102501&start=0&

namelessfly wrote:With any luck we will get HotQ in the theaters and Palin for POTUS in 2016.

Hm. I have to say that I'll hope for such an outcome as well. Because whatever bad things may or may not happen to the upcoming HotQ movie - there's no chance in hell that it'll be even remotely as bad as the ensuing political trainwreck. On the contrary, however bad it (hopefully not!) turns out to be, in comparison to the described political situation, it'll appear to be overly magnificent. :P
Post by npadln   » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm

npadln
Commander

namelessfly wrote:
With any luck we will get HotQ in the theaters and Palin for POTUS in 2016.

Heck, Willow Palin might even play Honor Harrington.

Try to be mindful that some of us here are of different political stripes. Keep the politics out of here. There are plenty of other places for that.
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:28 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

J6P wrote:Not a chance. Per Honorcon DW interview it wasn't even written yet and he and Eric still had to talk several points out. Maybe January. Though he was "hopeful" it was going to be finished in December. Still has to go through several revisions of proofreading before being released to E-ARC. Though judging by the numerous errors I read in every chapter, I have to wonder what the Heck Baen editors are doing at all.

Cauldron of Ghosts has been in some stage of "done" since before ART came out. If you go back in the forums a ways you'll find David debating whether it or Shadow of Freedom should be next.

The hangup was the last set of revisions to make it fit with whatever David has decided is going to happen when Henke hits Mesa. At least, that's my understanding, which may be all wet. Hopefully he and Eric got whatever the issue was figured out at Honorcon, they applied the appropriate amount of authorial duct tape, and the final draft is at Baen.
Post by J6P   » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 am

J6P
Captain (Junior Grade)

Awesome sauce!

Bobby pins? Super Glue? Bungie cords?

JohnRoth wrote:
J6P wrote:Not a chance. Per Honorcon DW interview it wasn't even written yet and he and Eric still had to talk several points out. Maybe January. Though he was "hopeful" it was going to be finished in December. Still has to go through several revisions of proofreading before being released to E-ARC. Though judging by the numerous errors I read in every chapter, I have to wonder what the Heck Baen editors are doing at all.

Cauldron of Ghosts has been in some stage of "done" since before ART came out. If you go back in the forums a ways you'll find David debating whether it or Shadow of Freedom should be next.

The hangup was the last set of revisions to make it fit with whatever David has decided is going to happen when Henke hits Mesa. At least, that's my understanding, which may be all wet. Hopefully he and Eric got whatever the issue was figured out at Honorcon, they applied the appropriate amount of authorial duct tape, and the final draft is at Baen.
Post by namelessfly   » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 pm

namelessfly

http://bar.baen.com/index.php?t=msg&th=102501&start=0&

namelessfly wrote:With any luck we will get HotQ in the theaters and Palin for POTUS in 2016.

Hm. I have to say that I'll hope for such an outcome as well. Because whatever bad things may or may not happen to the upcoming HotQ movie - there's no chance in hell that it'll be even remotely as bad as the ensuing political trainwreck. On the contrary, however bad it (hopefully not!) turns out to be, in comparison to the described political situation, it'll appear to be overly magnificent. :P[/quote]

They should bring the movie out in 2015.

Given the contrast between the current, ongoing political trainreck, even Jayne Fonda's BARBARELLA would be a masterpiece.
Post by Kruhn   » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Kruhn
Commander

clancy688 wrote:
Has anybody seen any updates regarding the E-ARC of "Cauldron of Ghosts?" Is it still a possibility for this month?

Yes.

Any possibility of seeing the "Cauldron of Ghosts" E-Arc by Christmas.

Chance, yes. Likely, no.--Toni

THAT'S TOO MUCH OF A WAIT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I WANT MY CAULDRON OF GHOSTS WITH MY EGGNOG THIS MONTH!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now that I got that out of my chest. Back to waiting and reading the last three books of the Honor Harrington Series!
Post by namelessfly   » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:32 am

namelessfly

npadln wrote:
namelessfly wrote:
With any luck we will get HotQ in the theaters and Palin for POTUS in 2016.

Heck, Willow Palin might even play Honor Harrington.

Try to be mindful that some of us here are of different political stripes. Keep the politics out of here. There are plenty of other places for that.

I should be careful to tell my political jokes very s-l-o-w-l-y so that people of other political stripes can understand them.
Post by waddles for desert   » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04 am

waddles for desert
Admiral

:D It would probably help if you shared with your victims, uh, that is, your audience, some sizable quantities of your medicinal herbs. That is, if there is any left over that is not committed to your personal contribution to global warming.

Wait! Never mind.

Leftovers!

What was I thinking?

8-) 8-) 8-) ;)
Post by clancy688   » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

waddles for desert wrote:Leftovers!

You a communist or what? 8-)
Post by waddles for desert   » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:10 am

waddles for desert
Admiral

I am a Ford/Bush 1 Republican.

Today, I think that a Ford/Bush 1 Republican is somewhere left of what is commonly castigated as a Communist.

But, in the case of leftovers, it was just a momentary lapse. I definitely know better.

;)

Return to Honorverse