Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 75 guests

New SLN and SDF ships

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse series, the future..?
Post by lyonheart   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:41 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi KZT,

While we both share doubts about BF, when a member SDF has SD's, it might be possible [there are evidently over a thousand SD's among ~20 SDF's]; while I expect FF is likely to be far more willing to do exchanges, especially with SDF's that are serious about anti-piracy patrols, etc.

Some SDF's might be very upfront about restricting access to exchange officers, which might amuse some, while others may recognise and respect such inclinations.

Given the home system not SL allegiance, that attitude may be reciprocated by many SLN [ie FF] officers.

L

kzt wrote:I may be totally wrong, but I don't see BF as allowing some uniformed clown to man their ships or to send any of their people to work with those clowns. FF might do something like this, but not BF.

It would be like asking a USN F18 squadron CO to do an exchange with elbania, who has 12 canoes they use to patrol the Endless Swamp.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Re: New SLN and SDF ships
Post by dreamrider   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:25 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

namelessfly wrote:There have been repeated musings by SLN Admirals that reveal that the SLN is very aware of the possibility of FTL comm (almost impossible to not be given granitic arrays and ability to detect hyper translations), and has ongoing R&D that is mentioned in unclassified reports.

dreamrider wrote:
<snip>
Aside from some very sketchy SLN sponsored early studies, and perhaps slightly more advanced MAlign experiments...
<snip>

Yes, I acknowledged that.

dreamrider

Return to Honorverse